Friday Fast Fun


 I decided to knit some fingerless mitts in Fair Isle.
I didn't intend for them to be Christmas mitts, but it looks like that is what they want to be. 
I'm having fun using the colors I have and somewhat following the pattern.  I'll keep the designs for sure, but my colors will be my own. 
 Halloween and Day of the Dead decor is all around us. 
Zach bought theses sugar skulls in Pilsen. 
Even our Walgreens is carrying Day of the Dead things this year.
It is a wonderful Holy day in Mexico. 
Hope we dont' commercialize it too much. 

Look what my pal Linda brought to me !
She visited Villalobos of Pitbulls and Parolees fame.
I think I'll be Tia for Halloween. 
Happy Friday. 

What Holidays are you working on ?

Comments

Judy S. said…
Christmas stuff, for sure! Lots to do. Even in choir we've started on Christmas music!
Unknown said…
I'm just thinking I need to buy candy for Halloween! I don't begin to think about Christmas til after Thanksgiving. Your fingerless mitts will be great Christmas gifts. I've never attempted Fair isle...looks way to complicated.
Unknown said…
I'm just thinking I need to buy candy for Halloween! I don't begin to think about Christmas til after Thanksgiving. Your fingerless mitts will be great Christmas gifts. I've never attempted Fair isle...looks way to complicated.
Teresa Kasner said…
1st off.. I love that you're doing the fair isle knit! I ventured into it years and years ago and made a pair of mittens for my husband in alpaca I spun. He never wore them once.. said they were too good to wear. LOL! And I did a really colorful bag in fair isle that I haven't seen since almost the day I made it.. don't ask. I'm just working on the wedding blanket .. gah. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Caffeine Girl said…
What is that pattern? I just love it. Fair Isle is one of my favorite knitting styles. And your colors certainly do seem to be saying Christmas.
Araignee said…
Love those mitts!!!! I love the idea of having some Christmas mitts, Next year.
I'm all about Halloween at the moment. Halloween socks, Halloween hooking. I've got a BIG project getting ready to start when the yarn gets here but it won't be for a holiday anytime in the future.
kathy b said…
Its a free pattern. Little Cotton Rabbits Fair isle cuffs, rav
WildflowerWool said…
Those looks really fun! You can knit them as long as you like and pull them down to cover your fingers if you need to.
Tired Teacher said…
Great mitts!

Of course the Day of the Dead will become too commericialized because that's what Americans ultimately do.

I'm knitting baby hats out of donated scrap yarn - such fun.
Delighted Hands said…
I like the mitts! Such possibilities!
Those are going to be great mitts
Mereknits said…
Fair Isle!!!!! Look at you go!
Hugs,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???