Nothing But Knitting

 I saw a woman knitting this baby blanket in a waiting room. 
She says you can use up your leftover yarns for the back round and it creates another great effect.  This is a bit more traditional for her new baby grandson.  I love both ideas. 
 My LYS is carrying this Regia Pairfect. 
If you start both socks at the yellow marks, you will have a pairfect matching pair. 
Somebody's clever!  Why didnt I think of that?
There's quite a bit of interest in the Unemizo Capelet at my LYS.
Very simple pattern. 
Others say, on  Ravelry, that you must be sure to cast on and bind off very loosely.  Serendipitously, Mrs. Micawber just blogged about how to do this with a crochet hook.  :) 


Finally, 
the more adventuresome are knitting 
Tokyo at our LYS.  
It involves blocking when finished. 
Seriously blocking, so I'm out. 

Seen anything new lately that you want to share?

Comments

Suburban prep said…
I bought the Bianca Wrap pattern by Blue Sky Alpaca from Three Bags recently. With the change in the weather that will be upon us I am looking forward to making that--perhaps for myself--I usually give most everything I make away. (OK I do have a few sweaters I made).
KSD said…
Oh, Tokyo is gorgeous! I don't know why I love shawls and wraps and capes so much --- the weather here scarcely ever calls for them.
Kim in Oregon said…
Tokyo looks so cool. I agree that the yellow yarn idea is great, but I also think that matching socks are overrated--I go out of my way to make them not match! But I'm weird that way. Happy Wednesday!
Jennifer said…
Ha! Such a simple solution to create matching socks. It's definitely one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments. I'm glad someone was bright enough to think of that. :)
Teresa Kasner said…
I've been in a wilderness camp for 2 weeks.. nothing new to me but what YOU'RE doing! LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Araignee said…
That sock idea is brilliant. I need some of that. My head hurts from trying to match the two socks I've got on the needles now. It takes all the fun out of it.
elns said…
lots of good knitting going on. I wholeheartedly admit I have been eyeing that tokyo shawl but I'm too distracted right now. I have priorities Kathy! Stop distracting me!
Judy S. said…
I made something like that blanket almost 10 years ago when David was born, using white, blue and pink yarn, but mine had sleeves and a zipper up the front. Not too much going on here at the moment; hopefully the new thing here will be some nice gentle rain to help put out all the fires over the mountains!
Tired Teacher said…
I've knit a similar blanket, too. I liked the finished blanket, but didn't like knitting it very much.
Caffeine Girl said…
I get the interest in that capelet. I could see knitting one of those.
I made a similar blanket for my granddaughter and it turned out so beautiful--two shades of pink, white for the outlines and a white crocheted edging. I'm working on one now for a friend.
Tahnee said…
Ooooh I've been meaning to get my hands on some regia pairfect!
autumngeisha said…
Thanks for all the great inspiration. Love the Tokyo Shawl, especially in those colors. So elegant. But the blocking part scares me too.
Mereknits said…
I am not finding even a second to knit. What is wrong with my life if I can't even fit a row in?
Thanks for the inspiration.
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???