Summertime Feel to It

 Having just bought the hibiscus tree with blossoms, I can hardly take credit for this morning's bloom, but I will...

Nature seems a buzz with energy this week.
We have had goldfinches in their glorious yellow return to the yard feeder, a new white crowned sparrow pair came to the yard, (a first for us) 
two rabbits in the yard, the cardinals, chickadees etc. 

We have these enormous bees that look like blimps. They are harmless and good for flowers.  

I've been sleeping with our new baby Fezzik. 
Last night, in the quiet of a warm and wonderful night, we were awakened to animal screams and something that can only be described as the circle of life...
not sure if I'm happy for the winner or sad for the prey. 

 It took Fezzik no time at all to find the sunshine to lie in.
Zachboyerphotography duly credited! 



Comments

Judy S. said…
The new kitty is a real pretty cat! Would you please send a couple of those gold finches our way? They are our state bird, and we have never seen one in our yard! Crazy, huh. I think they don't like all our shade.
Lynn said…
He is so sweet. Each day is exciting and new for all of you.
Unknown said…
Beautiful bloom! And such a pretty kitty!!
Vera said…
Such a pretty kitty! I hate those animal screams at night (especially if camping out in a tent...which I don't do any more!).
I just got two new roses and a lilac for the backyard! I think this is my favourite time of the year!

Fezzik is a real cutie!
Unknown said…
Your new kitty is precious. Kittens are so much fun! It does feel more like summer here in Michigan too.
elns said…
Great sunny photos!
Araignee said…
I HATE to sleep with the windows open this time of year. Too much drama going on in the woods. I took my little cardinal to a nature preserve nearby and set him free. I am choosing to believe he found a little she cardinal and they are living happily ever after.
Love, love, love the new kitty!
Tired Teacher said…
Fezzik looks pretty mellow for a kitten. He sure is handsome!
Anonymous said…
Fezzik looks like one contented kitty.
Anonymous said…
Fezzik looks like one contented kitty.
Teresa Kasner said…
I would sleep with him too. Our dog sleeps with us every night. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Mereknits said…
Fezzik is such a cutie. Every once in a while I hear coyotes howling and I hope they are not attacking a deer, yikes the circle of life can be sad.
Hugs,
Meredith
karen said…
what a sweet adorable cat! I'm happy for you and your hubbie!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???