Beige and Beans and Baseball

 Evenings have been the only free time around here the past week. Work continues on the  SKYDIVE STOLE. 
Katherine, I am pretty sure you sent me this pattern long ago. 
I had to frog my first attempt.  I wasn't using big enough needles. 
Now I'm on size 10 1/2 and it is going well. 
It doesn't look great because the LIFE LINES make it look odd.
Now, I can hardly call myself a lace knitter. There is just a one row repeat.  
Oh OK!  I'll call myself a lace knitter anyhow. 
 I'm using sale yarn that I purchased for another shawl that I gave up on earlier this year.  
It is Jitterbug from Wales.  Colorway 141. 
It is very beige, but hey, neutrals are in right? 
Somebody may have to come get me from a ledge when I have to actually block it! 

Tonight is edamame corn salad trial night. 
I put in twice the amount of cilantro that was called for.
We love cilantro around here.
I'll let you know if the recipe is a keeper! 

It is back to winter here, and the Cub game tonight has been cancelled. 
Spring come back!



Comments

Anonymous said…
If the salad turns out tasty, would you email me the recipe? It LOOKS delicious! We love cilantro here too. :-)
kathy b said…
of course Dee
Tired Teacher said…
I'm not a fan of corn, so I'd leave it out of the salad.

Lace is lace no matter how technical it is. Happy knitting!
knitterbeader said…
Lace is tricky and one needs to be so "focused". Maybe that's why it's not easy for me....
Sorry your winter is coming back!
Araignee said…
Mmmmm....that salad looks yummo. Winter is making a comeback here tonight, too. Booooo.....
Teresa Kasner said…
I hope your Spring comes back soon. It's cooled off here and is rainy, but still our flowers are blooming like crazy. I want the sun back, though! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Unknown said…
Good for you on the lace stole...looking great so far!! Yes, beige is in...and it goes with everything, right?

The salad looks mighty tasty.
Katherine said…
I did, I did!! It looks wonderful and I love the color. Of course you can knit lace!!

The edamame and corn salad looks so good. Please share the recipe. We had green pea salad with onion, bacon, cheese and fresh cilantro from the garden for dinner last night. It was a blast from the past. My mom served it often.
karen said…
my husband loves cilantro and I just don't care for it. The salad looks delish :)
elns said…
That salad is so colorful! I am a huge fan of the cilantro as well!
Mereknits said…
Beige goes with everything and you will love it when it is all done, getting to the finish is the hard part.
Hugs,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???