Not SO Simple Daybook Entry

1.  Outside my window - Water main break.  Brrrr those workers are freezing.  So we were without water for 6 hours, and it was not a big deal.  I don't have diapers to change or the like, so it was not near as big a deal for me as it is for some.  
2.  I am in awe of :   one of my favorite pictures that Zach is selling.
I framed it for my Wonder Vet.


3. I am hearing: Rodrigo and Gabriela play their amazing duets on guitar.   It is my favorite music these days. 

4. I am Reading: the book Quiet.  I'm fascinated. 

5. I am Pondering: running for the board at the shelter. 
I was asked to go to a meeting last night and to consider running. 
I'm leaning towards not running.

6. I am eating: Rah-rah raisins Girl Scout Cookies.
New cookie, great taste. I'm  not even a oatmeal raisin fan.

7. I am knitting:  the Knotty Cowl and I still love the 4 row repeat. 
I've never loved a 4 row repeat. 

8. I am thankful: for so many things but above all for being able to retire from nursing. 

9. I am looking forward to: visiting with Maine Coon kittens this weekend.

10. I am having fun: with my new phone camera lens. I love it. 


Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
You always have a great and positive perspective, in contrast to many blogs that are 'whine about my life blah blah blah blah' (including mine sometimes!).

It sounds like the Shelter has 'politics'?
Nancy said…
Those who must work outside in the bitter cold are courageous. My brother and mother braved subzero temps many years on the farm. I'm a wimp in comparison.
Katherine said…
Well you know which one of your Daybook entries I latched on to--the one about retirement. This is me, not complaining, just waiting.

The shelter board would be very rewarding but I've heard that those positions are also very disappointing when their hands are tied on important issues! Ask yourself if you need that.
knitterbeader said…
Loving your blog even more these days. So many choices to make when you retire, so be careful before saying yes, or soon you'll be even busier than you were when still being a nurse! Love the photo of the puppy!
elns said…
Love your lists Kathy B.

If you don't run for the board now, you can later. Trust your instincts. You do a lot of good work there, if you're not in the mood to take more on now, that's OK.

Also, super duper please provide us a pic of the MC Kitty visit!!
Araignee said…
Anyone who works out in the elements is a hero in my book. I'm such a baby when it comes to extreme temps.

I have a hard time committing to anything after retiring. I hate being obligated especially if it involves getting up at a specific time in the morning.
Anonymous said…
Awwwwwwwwwww...Zach's picture is adorable.

I don't envy ANYONE that has to work outside up north right now. I can't imagine how they don't all freeze to their tools.
I feel sorry for those workers outside! I'm in my nice cozy office (in a cashmere sweater!), but I don't even enjoy the drive too and from work! Bring on Spring!
Judy S. said…
Even though it's not as cold here, it's very gray and drizzly and there are guys out working on new sidewalks near our elementary school, hardy souls! Your calm voice of reason might be just what the shelter needs? Thanks for the link to the great cowl! I can't wait to try that stitch.
Caffeine Girl said…
I just finished Quiet, and I loved it. It made me realize that I am more of an introvert than I realized. And that explains why teaching is so exhausting for me!
Celia said…
I'm going to have to read that book.
Teresa Kasner said…
Are you getting a kitten??? I was reading along and then the bit about looking at kittens.. how fun! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Beth said…
I read Quiet a while ago and found it very interesting. I'd planned on rereading it and then forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???