Not Much Knitting

 Fireman and I do love to visit our city.
Yesterday was our anniversary. 
We stayed a night at the Drake Hotel. 
The prices were quite reasonable. 
The manager sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. 
 We saw horse drawn carriages, mounted police, and
many little children waiting to talk to Santa Claus. 
Chicago gets a bad rap. 
It is very very safe to visit the tourist areas. 
It is a very clean and green city. 
Our Lake rivals the oceans. 
We love our city. 
We live and die with our Cubs, Sox, Bears, Bulls, Hawks and Fire. 
Come visit us.  
Summer is the BEST time in the city I think.

 This was the spectacular view from our room. 
So many people bringing their dogs to the beach, even in winter. 
It was so fun to see the city ALIVE at all hours. 

The carolers were part of the Drake's Ornate Holiday decor.

Today, Allison and Nathan arrive home!
WE WILL open those cookies tonight. 
Zach's students begin break in a few hours. 
Lord help the parents!  

Here's to some knitting with my girl tonight,
next to the tree and by the warm fire. 


Comments

Caffeine Girl said…
I agree: Chicago gets a bad rap when it is actually a fabuous city! I don't know why I don't get down there more often. When I was little, we always went to Chicago in December to see the shop windows at Marshall Fields. Macy's just isn't the same!
I sounds like I might be in your city in February - I'm sure it's lovely in the summer, but I think winter is just as pretty!
Katherine said…
I'm so happy for you and Al!! I will be thinking of you two sitting by the fire and knitting--the essence of a Merry Christmas.

I love Chicago so much and miss it terribly. The Drake Hotel is such a nice place to "city watch" and relax. I'm so glad you had the chance to do it!
Unknown said…
What a lovely hotel, and the view is spectacular! Looks like a romantic holiday setting for a wedding anniversary. How sweet it is! Kids...cookies...and knitting by the fire - sounds like a perfect evening.
Kim in Oregon said…
I love your pictures! I lived a block and a half from Michigan Avenue on Ontario Street during the second half of the 1980s. I loved living there! I didn't have a car and was within walking distance to my job and the gym and the grocery store and had so much fun!
knitterbeader said…
What a great place to celebrate your Anniversary. Beautiful tree, decor and views outside. I've never been to Chicago, so your pictures were wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Nancy said…
Happy Anniversary!

I agree that Chicago is a great city. I was last there in 1976, and lived every minute of my time there - great museums, and the lake walk is gorgeous.

Enjoy the cookies, the knitting, and the visiting.
Mereknits said…
Nothing like Chicago all dressed up for Christmas. Love the Watertower. And might I add I am none too happy you got Joe Maddon for your Cubs. We will miss him down here with the Rays.
Hugs,
Meredith
KSD said…
Knitting by the fire sounds so wonderful. My daughter is working a double shift today, so, that's kind of out of the question for us.
And, I've always wanted to visit Chicago. One of my dearest friends lives there, and I might be able to see you, too!
Judy S. said…
Happy Anniversary, just a little late! The Drake is supposed to be fabulous, so I hope you had a great time. We love visiting Chicago but rarely get downtown now that our niece moved back home. Our favorite time to visit the Midwest is in the fall before the end of October.....
Araignee said…
Happy anniversary!
I've been to Chicago and it is fabulous. I'm used to big cities being from the DC area. I love them especially NYC. If there was no Mister, I'd be in the middle of one right now.
SissySees said…
I love your city too. Happy anniversary!!
Anonymous said…
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...that view from your room is AMAZING!!!!

Happy anniversary! Wishing you many, many more happy years together.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???