Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Blankets, figs and Carols

 Val from Wandercat blog created the GOING MY WAY scarf.
I've improvised and am creating my baby blanket out of leftover sock yarns.  This is a one row repeat and I am pleased to report I can knit this!  (while watching a movie at home: the Chef) 
Thank you Val! 
(The movie is 100% darling.) 
 Unexpected little goodies are showing up during the holidays.
My friend Rem sent this Fig jam to us. 
Zach loves figs and bacon....so I just need some bacon and we can have the same effect with toast and piggy. 
My tiny light up snowman was busy a glowing last night. 


Here are some of my favorite carols:

Still Still Still

Silent Night

12 Days of Christmas

Children Go Where I Send Thee

Some Children (see Him bronzed and brown..James Taylor version)

Care to share?

10 comments:

SissySees said...

Sweet little snowman and pretty blanket. Reminds me that I have a scrap yarn baby blanket in limbo, somewhere...

O Holy Night is my favorite, but others include:

Sugarland's Somebody Snitched on Me
Gene Autry's whole Christmas album
Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I was thinking of you as I was designing it - one row, no purling... it was meant to be!

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I love O Holy Night and most of the others. Our high school choir sang Breath of Heaven last Sunday, and that's another great one.

Dee said...

I think I might "borrow" your idea for Val's scarf. I was wondering what to do with my leftovers.

How many stitches did you cast on?

My favorite Christmas songs ---- Mary Did You Know? and Do They Know It's Christmas.

Katherine said...

My favorite is Mary Did You Know? When I was 10 years-old I sang Still, Still, Still as a solo in Church on Christmas night. For some reason I have had It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year playing over and over in my head. I miss Andy Williams!

KSD said...

Ripple patterns are so wonderful --- usually easy to memorize and so pretty.

I have two favorites; traditional is "O, Holy NIght," and popular is "Please Come Home for Christmas."

Araignee said...

I love all the old traditional carols that invoke the images of an old English Christmas. If someone is singing about holly, I'm there. I also like a few old French gems as well, Il est Ne le Divine Enfant and Un Flambeau Jeannette Isabella are also lovely. I could listen to them all year. In fact, the only music I practice regularly on my new guitar are carols.

Nancy said...

O Holy Night, Silver Bells, and We Three Kings are some of my favorites, but I love all classic carols.

karen said...

I like anything Johnny Mathis sings :) Merry Christmas!

teabird said...

Good King Wenceslaus, because it's about blessing the poor. The Roches do the most lovely version! Also, O Come O Come Emmanuel - Loreena McKennit's version - so pure.

Merry Christmas!

Blog Archive