Gift Knitting


 I learned a new knit skill this week. 
Double knitting is my new passion.
While sitting with the kittens I was 
thumbing through a knit book in Al's room, and came across the coasters. 
(The Book: More Last Minute Knitted Gifts) 
I tried it with the help of a YouTUBE video and I'm hooked. 
I'm knitting coasters...yippee. 
As you can see the work is the same on both sides.
I may have to make a scarf this way......
Its very fun.  If I can master it, you can!
Now I can knit 4 coasters for a set and a gift. 

For those who desire a more complicated knit,  there are these darling Stocking Sets for sale at 3 Bags. 

I said I wasn't going to gift knit..
I say this every year....

Comments

Unknown said…
Say, that looks pretty slick. That's a nice gift!
Katherine said…
I have admired double knitting for afar, lol. I didn't know if it was something I wanted to get into but with your recommendation I just may try it. I am binding off on the sweater this morning and looking for a new project. So many projects and so little time--especially between now and Christmas!
Toni said…
Ha! Ha! I had to stop saying that, as it seems like they are the Magic Words for doubling the Christmas knitting..
Nancy said…
Have you seen the Mrs. Hoover double-knit baby blanket? It's on my "someday" knit list.
elns said…
What is this double-knitting??? hmm. NO. Stop it Kathy!
I am in love with the snowman stocking.
Yes. Double knitting is a technique I want to do but my fear of it keeps me away. When I see people doing it they make it look. So easy. Maybe in 2015
Judy S. said…
Interesting! I've not tried it....maybe in January? Those stockings are beautiful but look very difficult. I'm struggling with the ones I'm doing and yours look way harder!
Araignee said…
Double knitting is on my bucket list too. I have a book about it around here somewhere.
Those socks are fabulous. I wish I was the kind of organized person who could sit down in the summer and knit something like that. I never think about gift knitting until the holidays and then it is too late.
Celia said…
The stockings look like quite a challenge, but I think you could do it.
SissySees said…
I want to knit the Knight a stocking. I say that every year too.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???