A bit of This, and a bit of That, and as always a story of a cat.



Do I have your attention?

This lovely bikini is in the Three Bags Full Studio
window. 

I dont' know about you, but I think that model had some plastic surgery along the way.
Not that I'm judgmental.  If you are brave enough to go under the knife for plastic surgery you have my blessings.
I call myself the Catholic Christian Scientist. 
I believe in Mother Mary and in Mary Baker Eddy.



Speaking of miracles and such, 
I finished another baby sweater this weekend. 
This one is the same pattern as the last with some improvisation. 



I decided to crochet the bottom edging and then add some frills. 
I left the sleeves as caps.
I think it a little girl would wear it well.
I love girls in blue.


The weekend was sweet.
I helped a friend find her new cat at the shelter.
He's a beautiful tuxedo boy whose previous owner died. He is a delight.  A Shelter staff favorite. 
I didn't go around with her because I didn't want to influence her.
This guy worked his magic all on his own. 
He absolutely hated being in the crate so he hung out in the office quite a bit. 
I can't wait to see what they rename him. 
I get all goofy and excited with new adoptions of any sort. 


So there you have it:
a hodgepodge post 

any comments?

Comments

Katherine said…
So sweet!! I love that you get goofy and excited over pet adoptions. I feel the same way about pets of all kinds and sizes. I melt when people love their fur-babies, and you clearly do!

The baby sweaters just keep getting cuter and cuter. The blue is a lovely color for a girl and I love the crocheted lace. You are super knitter!
Nancy said…
Bikini knitting? No, thank you. My "girls" need more than an I-cord to keep them under control. ;o)

Tuxedo, calico, and tabbies are by far my favorite cats.
Mrs. Micawber said…
Crochet! Crochet! That blessed word just leapt out at me.... :) What a beautiful little sweater.

Congrats to Tuxedo and his new family. Let us know what they name him!
elns said…
You're killing me Nancy, you're hysterical. Snorting and laughing as I read your comment. :)
elns said…
I love girls in blue. I can barely sew buttons on a cardigan, asking me to crochet an edge might kill me. This sweater is gorgeous. Excellent job, once again, Kathy. I loved the story of the cat.
Araignee said…
Oh my eyes! I won't be forgetting that bikini anytime soon!
Sweet sweater with a perfect ending.
Unknown said…
That is some bikini! Yowza. I sure like the looks of the sweater you are finishing; it will be a great gift! I love a good pet adoption story too.
I'm a firm believe that cats chose people, people don't chose cats. Tux was determined that I wasn't leaving with anyone but him!
Mereknits said…
That bathing suit is a hoot, and I am with you, I don't have the courage or the need to go under the knife, but lets just say there is no way I could wear that in my natural state.
Hugs,
Meredith
SissySees said…
That looks more like two baby hats than a bikini, but what do I know!?

So, inquiring minds want to know... what DID they re-name him? He sounds so much like my beloved Socrates.
Anonymous said…
Oh my ........I'm thinking that bikini would be dangerous out in public.

I think I'm beginning to favor marmalade cats after having Shelby here.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???