Yarn Crawls and All Y'alls

 So Threebagsfullcorner.blogspot.com has a new post up if you want to check it out . Please do.  Leaving comments really helps me, too.  
Today's post about the Chicago Yarn Crawl and some goings on at the Studio. 
It starts August 2nd. 
Read all about it on that other blog!

While I was there I snapped a few photos. 
I love the blue in the shawl.  Thats a whole lotta Yarn overs though.
 One smart lady on borrowed time was knitting a baby sweater. 
The gift is due next week. 
She took the pattern out of the Aran Knits page and knitted the whole thing in garter.   Now why didn't I think of that? 
I'm going to knit one …
People are so creative and smart. 
I love me some garter. 
Garter you love it or you hate it?
How about you?

Comments

Suburban prep said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy S. said…
Believe it or not, we're going to be in town but probably too busy to crawl....are there any yarn shops in Grayslake? As for garter stitch, I like it except when I make a mistake; then I can only fix it once in a while but usually end up ripping.
Anonymous said…
Garter stitch has it's place, but for me stockinette is quicker. ;-)
knitterbeader said…
I like the looks of stockinette, but only like to knit it when it's something knit in the round. I'm working on a "Miami Beach Shawl" right now. When I get finished with the lace part, it will be garter rows from there on out, which will also go fast since it's flat.
Nancy said…
I like garter stitch in a blanket, but in my opinion, it stretches too much for a garment - other than baby knits.
Caffeine Girl said…
I prefer the look of stockinette, but who doesn't love knitting garter, when you're not knitting in the round. Knit stitches are smoother to do than purls.
Tanna said…
A couple of years ago, I absolutely fell in love with garter!! I had always kind of thought it looked too "beginner-ish" to make anything cool.... but, I LOVE me some garter now. And, if it seems beginner-ish... I'm good with that. LOL! blessings ~ tanna
Katherine said…
For years I said I hated the look of garter stitch, but I loved knitting it. So easy! Now I think I have changed my mind. The baby blanket I am knitting is LOTS of garter between the lace panels and it is so soft and sweet-baby looking. I think I love it!

That shawl is gorgeous.
Gracie Saylor said…
I prefer garter, too, but wonderful patterns like the shawl you showed in your first photo cause me to dream that I could [or should] try to make them :)
I like garter sometimes. But sadly, I'm wholly addicted to lace! Love me those yarn-overs!
Unknown said…
That blue shawl is a beauty!

I like the garter stitch for some projects and not at all for others. So, I fall in and out of love for the garter st.
SissySees said…
I'm into anything that isn't a crochet border around a stockinette, fingering weight baby blanket. The end is in sight, but still elusive.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???