What is Art?


 The summer Art Fair in our town is always full of eye candy and treasures.  If I could have purchased anything yesterday, it would have been these amazing wooden bowls that I would use as cat dishes.  We feed dry food …..

Did I mention, the psychic said I was an artist in a past life?
Surely not!  I am still, after 10 years, just learning to put colors together in my knitting that get along. 
I finished another Trap scarf last night.
The artist, Kathy B, choose cotton (Misti Alpaca cotton)  in a no miss combination of cream and color. 
This is her longest Trap.  It is 50 inches long.  
 Another artist, painted this WaterTower
which was designed by Boyington.  The yellowing  limestone is from Joliet,  Illinois. 
If you visit Chicago, it is a lovely landmark in a lovely shopping area downtown.  
This little lovely is a work of art, herself. 
Clearly God knew what She was doing when she made her.
Her parents were happy that I wanted to take her picture. 
Selena, looking Serene -A….

Do you consider yourself an artist?
Are you children more artistic than you?
Where do you get your art gene from?

Comments

Unknown said…
I LOVE an art show. Wandering through a show gives me inspiration and sometimes a little nudge to finish a project or start a new one. How often do we see something and say to ourselves, "I could make that!" Anyway, I consider myself an artist, perhaps because I attempt artistic projects, and I certainly appreciate fine art in all its venues.
Katherine said…
What a beauty Serena is!! The hair, the face, gorgeous! I've done some oil painting in my life, badly I might add, but granddaughter Sam is a terrific artist. Art got her through some horrible times in the last two years while she struggled with health problems. Her room is covered with paintings from what she calls her "tortured artist period." She has a good sense of humor too!
Judy S. said…
Sounds like a fun day!
Nancy said…
An artist? No, I consider myself a dabbler - willing to try things but seldom perfecting the technique.
Araignee said…
I have an art degree from the University of Maryland and I used to be an art teacher but I still prefer to buy my projects in kits so I don't have to make any color choices. I clearly don't have the art gene but I do like to do things with my hands so I think I am more craftsman than artist.
SissySees said…
I joke that I can't even draw a stick figure. I can knit, but I'm hardly a fiber artist. No children here for any genes...
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful child! Love the pensive look.

Yes, I am an artist. I think art can take many different paths. My son is a different kind of artist --- he writes beautifully and insightfully. Where did it come from? I really don't know. No one else in my family does "creative" stuff.
Toni said…
Aw--she should have said you were an artist in THIS life! :)
Caffeine Girl said…
No one knows where I got my art-mojo from, and my children definitely don't have it. I am trying to think of myself as an artist. Why is it so hard? I've sold jewelry at a prestigious gallery and at a number of art fairs. Still, I hesitate.
Tanna said…
I love art... but am not an artist. Capable. That's me. LOL! Ever the nurse. ;) blessings ~ tanna
Mereknits said…
Oh my goodness she is a beauty.
Hugs,
Meredith

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???