It's a Wrap, or a Scarf or a Mini shawl…or a Trap


 Yes Pie you have to model some times.
Thank you for not tearing any stitches with your nails as you tried to back out of the photo shoot.


The icy green is Berocco Folio and the multi is Jawoll magic.  
It is shorter than the intended wrap. 
I had plenty of Jawoll left but I ran out of Folio.

This Trap measures 32 inches long and that is a full 20 inches less than the pattern was intended. 

Still, it is lovely and I'm casting on for another today.
For once I used the suggested yarns and guess what, 
I got the intended result. (Not by measure, but by looks))    I did not enjoy the yarn in my hands, however.
It was easy to miss a dropped stitch and I had a few inches of frogging every so often.   The yarns liked to tangle together and they were difficult to separate without tearing the yarn itself.   This led to a few more ends to weave in on the sides.  
I used both of my yarn bowls to keep the yarns in line for the most part.

Next up, I'm deviating from the pattern, and using yarns that I enjoy having in my hands.  

Thanks Grace for introducing me to a wonderful pattern on Ravelry.
Try it, You'll LIKE it.

Comments

Katherine said…
So beautiful and great colors! I love the way it looks wrapped several times around the neck (and on the kitty).

I have always knit two yarns together out of two yarn bowls until the last time when I wound the skeins together into one ball before beginning knitting. It was the dickens to do but it worked great.
Unknown said…
Isn't Pie the cutest model? The green is so pretty!
Nancy said…
Trap looks great! Any idea why you came up 20 inches short?
Grace said…
did you use 2 skeins of Folio---because I ran out of the other yarn first, and have Folio left over?
Grace said…
PS> IT IS Lovely!!!
kathy b said…
Nancy I was short because I needed two skeins of the ice green and I only had one. It's fine short. I was ready to start another anyway
kathy b said…
Thanks grace but I'm good with it being a shorty scarf.
Judy S. said…
Pie is a great model with very good taste! Nice work on the scarf, too.
Mereknits said…
I love the pattern good for you getting it all finished. Did you enjoy your evening of knitting on the porch?
Hugs,
Meredith
Araignee said…
Pretty pattern. Pie looks great in stripes!
Anonymous said…
When the yarn does not cooperate, it makes for a tedious project. Hope your next one is in some lovely, easy-going yarn.

The trap is cute though. Pie makes a good model.
SissySees said…
Trap is sweet and so is Pie!!
Oh Pie - you look stunning in that knit
Linda said…
I hate when the yarn tangles itself......ARRRGH!
Great results Kathy....
Enjoy your week....
Cheers!
Linda :o)
knitterbeader said…
Love your scarf on Pie. I'm surprised he/she stood still long enough for a photo!
karen said…
I do enjoy knitting with yarns that are tried and true, super splitty or slinky are not fun.

love your model :) so patient!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???