Saturday, November 23, 2013

This Way to Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake

 This is my favorite Thanksgiving Dessert: 

It comes from P. Allen Smith's site and it is delicious and so easy. 

Gooey Pumpkin Cake

Ingredients: 

1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger 
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 package yellow cake mix (18 3/4 oz)
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup melted butter

Combine the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spices in a bowl. Stir until smooth. 

Pour this batter into a greased 9x13 inch cake pan. 

Scatter the dry cake mix evenly over the batter. 
Do not stir. 

Top with the chopped pecans and drizzle with the melter butter. 

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes
Top should be golden brown and crisp when done. 

Serves 10 -12

Then curl up like Rozzy and have a good nap. 

13 comments:

Judy S. said...

Interesting! I am not a fan of pumpkin pie but love pumpkin bread. Go figure. This sounds more like the latter, so I might just try it. Thanks!joyirst

Judy S. said...

Ha! Guess what I had to type in? LOL

kathy b said...

Judy?? What I dont get it....

Mereknits said...

YUM!
Hugs,
Meredith

SissySees said...

OMG. Get out of my way; I'm heading to the kitchen!

Dee said...

I love anything pumpkin! This sounds delicious!

(Don't ya wish you could sleep like a cat???? I sure do.)

Katherine said...

That sounds good and since I am not a lover of pumpkin it is a way to use all those cans of pumpkin pie mix in my pantry. I buy them and then can't bring myself to make a pumpkin pie with them.

Roz looks so comfortable. Only a cat can get that comfortable!

suburban prep said...

What a wonderful recipe.
A great item to make for Thanksgiving on a cold day.
Thank you.

Nancy said...

Pumpkin is yummy!

I don't dare make this because I would end up eating the whole pan.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

I can hands down give this one a BIG THUMBS UP! It has ALMOST taken the place of pumpkin pie in our house! ;) blessings ~ tanna

Nancy Kay said...

I'm back...and just caught up on the many posts I've missed over the past few weeks. You've been a knitting machine! Love the fall colors and kitty pictures too. Enjoyed reading the posts!

SapphireBlue said...

Yummy! That's sounds really good.

Araignee said...

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm.....

Blog Archive