Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I See Knitting Everywhere.....Botanic Gardens Thoughts

Well I see an Example of Pooling...and it's all good. 
 This would be the color combination purples and oranges.  So great in nature, I must find a hand dye in this mix. I'd call it Summer Annuals.
 Well, this is the perfect hedge edge. 
Sometimes the edge of a shawl simply MAKES it pop. 
 There are some days when you need some wine when you knit....
Knitting in the round of course,
and finally
A chart that doesn't make me shudder..

Nature is a wonder of an inspiration. 
Don't you think so?






13 comments:

Dee said...

Love those HUGE lilypads. I saw those at Bok Tower Gardens this year. AMAZING!

And, you know, I DO like my knitting to be in the round. LOL

Nancy Kay said...

What a clever, inspirational post! Well done! Lovely images...beautiful flowers to inspire knitters!

Katherine said...

I love the Botanic Gardens! Your photos are gorgeous! I've never seen lily pads as big as those. Definitely awe inspiring and knit inspiring.

Nancy said...

I fun post and your knitting photographic metaphores are perfect.

SapphireBlue said...

Beautiful photos.

Nicole said...

I agree, I love finding color inspiration in nature. :)

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

Brilliant! Next time I'm in a garden I shall endeavour to see it with knitter's eyes :)

zach said...

grapes are always good for a nice macro shot!

Araignee said...

What beautiful photos! Those grapes are killing me. Before we moved here, I used to have a concord grape vine and for me that is the smell of the end of summer. How I miss making jelly from those sun warmed purple beauties.

gMarie said...

Ummm - so when are you going to start designing from your inspired by nature series? Beautiful photos and inspiration. g

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

ABSOLUTELY!! I'm inspired by such beauty every. single. day! Great photos and associations, Kathy. blessings ~ tanna

SissySees said...

Lovely photos, and yes, naturing is inspiring!

Judy S. said...

Nice post with photos from one of my favorite places!

Blog Archive