Secrets of an Irisheyed Knitter



Before I reveal the secrets of this Irisheyed knitter, I must show you my irises, my starlight candy petunias, and my sunset after the storms Saturday night.  

*One of the main reasons I buy yarn at yarn stores is so they can wind it for me.  I've watched them wrestle a hank for a half an hour to get it untangled.  Better them than me; I don't want my yarn to aggravate me before I've even knitted a stitch. 

*I listen to Christmas music instrumentals on my ipod while I workout all year long......

*I have an uncanny knack for knitting stitch markers into the body of my project.  No matter how I try to avoid this, it happens.  

*I have already worn my head lamp on the porch this summer... Fireman likes the lights off while we sit on the porch....but I have to see don't I?  

*I look stunning in my headlamp but you would never see me ...

*I have a recurring dream that I cant carry all my yarn on a bus, and I'm losing it everywhere...

*I use TUCKS pads on Rozzy's ears to clean them. Witchhazel is such a good thing.  It is also good for soothing bug bites. 
Rozzy gets her thryoid med via and ear gel.  We have to clean her ears so the meds don't build up.  

and my last secret of the day: 

*I park in the same spot, more or less, when I go to work, go to the grocery store, and go to the department store Carson's.  I hate looking for my car.  This way I know where it is.  I really hate when I can't find my car in the parking garage at work. The last thing I want to do after a shift is search for my car.  My brain gets enough stim at work.  So  I play lazy and park at the same level and spot all the time.  

Got any secrets you want to reveal???

Comments

Suburban prep said…
My mother loves loves irises. Yours are beautiful.
I love tulips.

As for winding yarn I usually do it.I know stupid but I do.

Just went to Carson's yesterday. Husband wanted a toaster oven.
Katherine said…
I would have had to confess that I listen to Christmas music all year long too so I'll add that I use my Christmas Spode all year. Dinner guests are accustomed to it and I often hear a friend saying, "Well you know she uses her Christmas china all year." I guess it defines me and is nicer than saying, "She is just plain crazy!" Life is too short to not enjoy Christmas everyday!!
SissySees said…
Stopping to buy Tucks on my way home tonight. Yay!

My dining room is done in green, gold, red and cream. With that in mind, why wouldn't I use Christmas china all year?! You and Katherine are welcomed guests...

I bought a headlamp for dog walking, but when the Knight got new furniture and redecorated the living room two years ago while I was at a conference... haven't seen it since. I think it must be in a box/bag of yarn?
Araignee said…
Those red and white petunias were always my mother's favorites but they are hard to find around here these days. They take me right back to my childhood because she always had window boxes full of them.

Secrets....hmmm. I only brush my hair every few days because it looks better when it is a bit rumpled. I look too much like my sorry 7th grade yearbook photo when it is brushed and straight.
elns said…
Your secrets are so awesome. Thanks for sharing them, I feel like I just got to know you a little better. My mother is like that with the parking spots. Love the tulips in the header image! Fun post!
Nancy said…
I like to wind my own yarn so I know if the ball has any knots. Nothing worse than finding unexpected knots when knitting a project.



Nicole said…
I do a similar thing when parking at the grocery store. It's not the exact same parking spot, but lately I always go to the very back of the lot so that I get the most exercise walking to and from my car. Unless it's a really busy day at the store, it's easy to find my car that way - no one else is crazy enough to park that far out!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???