Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Kitten Update

These two are BONK and SPINNER.  They opened their eyes last. They are quiet ones.  
This is Fixie: the loud girl.  Still the most vocal. 
Sprocket looks quite a bit like Fixie.  Sprocket is calm.  

Whenever one of the kittens wanders, I am inclined to carry them back to mom, and then I say ," What would Jane do?" 
(Jane Goodall of course) and I try to just watch.   The kittens always manage to get back to Lucy Lou on their own. 

I am still very hands off.  They are not 2 weeks old until Friday.  Still a fragile time, and I don't want to spook Lucy Momma. 
The kittens best shot is with their mamma for another 3 weeks minimum. 
Lucy makes it easy.  She is so sweet and attentive. 
She loves the attention I give to her.  

Oh Knitting:
I got sidetracked on the baby sweater idea.
I flipped through Last Minute Gifts that Al left at our house when she moved.  :) 
I found a bulky lace scarf and a knitted basket and decided one of those will be my next project. 

In the meantime,
Knitting the blanket
watching kittens 
reading your blogs

LIFE IS GOOD

13 comments:

gMarie said...

Life is good - isn't it?

The kittens are adorable. Enjoy them! g

Nancy said...

Keep these kitty updates coming.

Have fun knitting on your new projects

Nancy Kay said...

Oh those kitties are so darned cute! I bet it really is fun watching kitties and momma Lucy. Thank goodness they are all well loved and in the best care!

Happy knitting.

Katherine said...

Darling kitties! I don't blame you for making kitty watching your knitting entertainment. It's so much fun to watch animals interact, especially of the mother/baby level!

Araignee said...

Thanks for my daily kitten fix. I can skip You Tube now and get some work done!

iknead2knit said...

Is it odd that when I read baby sweater, I immediately thought baby kitty sweater? So sweet, thanks for reading and commenting.

SissySees said...

Cuties. Love me a black kitten with a splash of white.

I am very easily distracted by new projects when I'm knitting... or thinking I might knit...

Mereknits said...

Life is good, I'd be watching those kittens, too.
Hugs,
Meredith

Dee said...

Such sweet little kitties!

iknead2knit said...

I didn't even think about Eddie Bauer! Will do that today. Thanks for reading.

KSD said...

Those kittens need a new word for how incredibly cute they are.

I've knit some of those baskets from "Last Minute Gifts" --- I think you'll be pleased with the results. And they're great for holding a bar of soap and a cotton washcloth!

SapphireBlue said...

Oh my goodness! I wish those babies would stay that size forever.

Nicole said...

LOVE the kitten updates! They are so cute. And it sounds like their mom is doing a great job.

Blog Archive