Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wordful Wednesday

I fell in love with this license plate find yesterday. 

Yesterday was about not a lot of actual knitting.  However, I was reading blogs, looking at patterns,  calling my LYS about yarn and the like.   Today will involve more actual knits and purls.

I think I love the internet for its INFORMATION capabilities.  There is just so much to learn in the world and it is so near my fingertips now.  I can get pleasantly lost in a sea of information about my favorite things in life.  I'm glad I live right now.....
I know I would not have handled Pioneer Life well.  I know that guns are everywhere now too, but at least I haven't heard of any scalpings lately....

So, Last night I revisited a few sites that I love:

Catsandcasseroles.blogspot.com
I want to make almost every recipe listed.

TinyBuddha: a beautiful video was posted yesterday.

Simon's Cat: The cartoon films produced on this site are so funny.  If you know a cat, you will laugh yourself silly with these simply perfect scenarios of cats doing there thing, cartoon style.

and finally

Ravelry.  I know it is  not new to you, but I can get lost in groups, threads, patterns and friends.

No wonder I slept well.  It was a night of calm reading.  Do you have sites you revisit for yourself from time to time.....want to share?  (even if they are not knitting sites, Im interested)

8 comments:

SissySees said...

Hmmm... Pinterest. That's where I do most of my recipe-finding these days.

Kathy said...

I live to visit Ravelry! Also, your blog!!!

sapphireblue said...

I wouldn't have minded living in the pioneer days, except for dying from what we can easily cure now.

Dee said...

Right now http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/
is my eye-candy blog. I just love the easy summery feeling.

Katherine said...

At least once a week I visit the Jack Russell Terrier site:
http://www.therealjackrussell.com. I love looking at all those sweet JRT faces!!

Nancy said...

Every day, I get a boost from The Daily Motivator. I think you'd enjoy it, too.

http://greatday.com/index.html

Lynn said...

The Pioneer Woman has become a favorite. Her recipes are fantastic! And I'm with you, I would NOT have done well in teh pioneer days. I was just thinking that today as well. It was 105 heat index here in Orlando and all I could think abt was how the woman did it with those big dresses! I can't handle it with shorts and a t-shirt! I stay in my cold dark bedroom. I swear the sun and heat make me nuts, and yet I continue to live in Fl....

Mereknits said...

I am not a huge Ravelry fan, there I said it. It just seems so overwhelming. I will go on to look for a new pattern now and again but that is it. I would much, much rather get caught up on blogs and visit Pinterest. By the way pioneer life would be hell for me.
Hugs,
Meredith

Blog Archive