Day 3 Staycation

 Wouldn't it be great if I was knitting the Summer Flies Shawl I'm showing you today?  Ha ha.  Nope you know me too well.  Karen has cast on another and look at her fly!  I will show you MY knitting tomorrow.
We ate dinner at the public golf course last night.  It was a perfect temperature outside.  Fireman and I had fun watching the golfers tee off on the 10th hole.  We were the only ones there for a good while.  I call this our "Elvis and Priscilla" routine.  We tend to go to places when others are working and we get the whole place to ourselves.  Elvis had to rent out places for him and Priscilla to enjoy their privacy.
We were not wearing blue suede golf shoes.....

Staycation events of yesterday included

* a very indulgent 90 minute massage.  I found a great deal at our Massage Envy location and jumped on it.

*a bittersweet goodbye to Babka and Puddy as they went back to the shelter.   This group was a ton of work.  Not complaining, just commenting.  Because they were so sick, there was more worry than joy with them.  Many many trips back and forth to the shelter for supplies, special food, lots of stool samples.  It has a happy ending, so it was worth it.  But I am ready for a break now on Staycation.

*an even more indulgent nap when I got home in the afternoon.  Im told my snoring made the whole house shake.

*One Row Lace scarf knitting.....I can count I can count I can count!  Hooray for lace in the heat of summer.

*an inventory of my gift knits for Christmas or otherwise revealed:  3 pairs of socks,  3 Life is Good Shawlettes, a hat for a grown up, a cozy mini baby blanket, and the orange scarf I just finished.  So 9 gifts so far.   I'm not keeping the orange scarf although I'd LOVE to. :)

*Stay tuned to Staycation.




Comments

Nancy said…
I can see your contented smile from here. ;oD
Celia said…
You deserve a nice massage on your staycation. I hope you are enjoying the rest of the staycation.
Judy S. said…
Summer Flies is on my list too! Have a great day! Is your shawl pattern Turvid's One Row Lace Shawl? I just stumbled on it yesterday in my stash of pattern and will be curious to see how yours looks! Knit on......
Paula said…
Hi Kathy! Happy news -- You've won the book giveaway on my blog! Please use the contact button over there to zap me an email with your address and I'll mail you your prize just as soon as I get home this weekend. Congratulations!
gMarie said…
You are working staycation exactly right! Yea you. Hope it continues in the same vein. Enjoy. g
kathy b said…
Judy: YES That 's the pattern. ! Super easy
Mereknits said…
Staycation sounds like it is going very well. Love that you took time to do something specail for yourself, the massage sounds perfect. We have been watching the Olympic Swimming Trials just like you, fascinating. We know a couple of the swimmers that have been in finals so that is really exciting. My son should have been there, not as a contender or anything, but the whole bad coach for three years really messed him up physically and mentally. So 4 years from now if all goes well he should be at trials, wouldn't that be fun?
Have a great day doing fun things and knitting.
Meredith
Katherine said…
It all sounds so wonderful. You are a strong woman if you can give up an orange scarf!!

Hope you continue to have loads of fun on your staycation!
Nicole said…
Ooh, a massage sounds lovely! I hope you enjoyed it!
Kathy said…
I love your golf course experience - suede golf shoes!!! Wish you DID have them on !!!

You deserve a little rest from being a foster mommy - but glad to hear that you still will do it. When I retire and all my birds have flown the nest and my elderly parents have gone on to be with Jesus, I will give fostering a serious consideration.
Lucky son you have!! I would love to study abroad in Guanajuato. It's a great place and he will love it, I'm sure. Unfortunately, he won't find Bolivian saltenas there, but he may happen upon that restaurant with the fantastic salsa! :-) Thanks for stopping at Cranberry Morning.
SissySees said…
Love that PANK yarn. I have pank yarn... Hmmm...

I miss 4-day breaks and having the world to myself during normal working hours.

Happy staycation!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a good day -- the view at dinner was beautiful!
Just Me said…
How funny, I wrote about massages in my blog today! Maybe I'll have to break down and get one.

I can't wait to see your knitting tomorrow!

Blue suede golf shoes would be AMAZING!

I'm glad you're enjoying your staycation. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???