An interview with AL


My yard yesterday afternoon....in the snow


This is the Lorna's Laces I'd like to pick up next.....


and Now and interview with AL:

*When you hated high school and I told you to bring your knitting with you, what was the reaction of your classmates?

"Probably they thought I was weird." "I don't remember."
However Al has a friend who got engaged to one of her teachers and he remembered that she knit in his class.....

**What is the worst thing you ever knit?"
"That time that I tried to make a baby sweater out of 15 skeins of Koigu and it looked like vomit. It was a Lucinda pattern. I ripped it all out and made a ruffle shawl instead and that looks much better."

***Tell us about your stash::

"I've been trying to reduce my stash which isn't really working. I did use the yarn from the Man sweater for Dad to make a gift scarf and hat for a friend."

****Do you still want to be a Master knitter?
"Maybe. I"m kind of a lazy knitter right now. OMG Paula Deen's mac and cheese has 821 calories per serving and 94 percent of your daily cholesterol ...what should I make in my slow cooker tonight? I think Crock Pot Italian Chicken...." (Al is digressing)

*****What is your favorite kind of yarn?
"Malabrigo"

******When you pick a pattern what do you look for?
"Ummmmm, charts probably. I like charts." (whose child is this?) I like minimal writing and more charts.

******NO question:
"You can write on there that my favorite thing to watch on the Food Channel is 5 Ingredients Fix because Claire is a hottie and everything looks amazing. People better start watching it ...it is on Sundays. IT is way better than Pioneer Woman...sorry Pioneer Woman."

******BACK TO KNITTING:
How often does a patient or their family knit in the ER?
"OH SOMETIMES. Maybe once a week. SOmeone crocheted Terri a hat in one sitting last week. IT was bulky. She was very touched because people in the ER rarely get anything from patients."

********Do you use stitch markers?
"I am obsessed with stitch markers. THey are beautiful and useful. I Do them with every pattern repeat even small ones." (I have some stitch markers to give her now!)

*********IF you owned a yarn shop what would it be named?
"First of all it looks like running a yarn shop is not much fun. Working there was fun though. Okay, it would named: MOTHER OF PURL.


***************What time of day are you most likely to knit?
"Nightime when watching TV"

**********What is on your needles currently?
"The Madigan Cowl Neck Pullover...
swatching for a Lace Shrug from Quince and Company
Cup Cozy for my roommate , for her Coke

**********What blogs do you read?
Writers Almanac
Irisheyes of course
Crockpot 365
"I spend too much time on Pinterest"

**************Do you knit in movie theaters?
"Yes, I can probably knit my boring cowl neck watching the Artist...."

Thank you Al for your candid remarks. Keep knitting!


I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmmmmmmmmmm...crockpot chicken on a cold day --- PERFECT, but I digress. LOL


Your snowy yard looks beautiful.
Irisheyes Lynn said…
So great to hear from Al! Hi, Al! Great interview!
Nancy said…
Great name for a shop!
Mereknits said…
I love this post, Al you sound like you rock! By the wasy on each and every ER visit I am unlucky enough to be at I knit or crochet and it always breaks the ice in the waiting room.
Have a great day,
Meredith
Beverly said…
Love the interview. I've been stuck on level II of the Master Knitting program for years. I'm lazt too I guess.
SissySees said…
What a fun interview!! We got snow too, but just a quick shower.

LOVE the yarn shop name, but she's right. One of my friends opened a shop and it is a LOT of work.
Karezybear said…
Great Post! judging by her answers, Paula Dean, Malbrigio, Master Knitting (lazy too), I think Al could be my daughter,. Speaking of daughters, mine just found out that her high school advisor played baseball with Derek Jeter! Do you think she will get any schoolwork done?
Anonymous said…
I have an easy beef vegetable soup in the crockpot now and will share the recipe if you would like it. Really good and frees you to knit all day and not worry about dinner. What could be better?

Lynn
kathy b said…
Lynn

I WOULD love our easy crockpot soup recipe...AL would too!~ Thanks
kathy b
Donna Boucher said…
Al, I TiVo 5 ingredient fix!! Have you tried the melon, cucumber dish??
Anonymous said…
Easy beef vegetable soup

3 cups vegetable juice (V8)

2 cups hot water

1/2 to 1# beef stew cut in cubes- can cut your own chuck roast if cheaper. Stew meat may need some cutting too as it usually has bigger pieces than I like in soup

6-8 cups frozen mixed vegetable

2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed ( I bought a bag of frozen vegetables for soup or stew and they had small potatoes and onions in them so I didn't add more.

1 small onion chopped

1/4 cup steak sauce or catsup
3 Tbsp beef bouillon
1/2 tsp pepper

Put the cubed beef in the crockpot or large pan.
Pour the vegetable juice and water over meat and add the frozen vegetables and ketchup, bouillon and seasonings.
Cook on low 8 hours in crockpot or 4 to 5 hours on high and meat is tender.

You can add any vegetables you want. I used carrots, green peas and corn the last time I made it. Wayne really liked it a lot and he isn't a soup eater so that says a lot.
We froze what we didn't eat and that worked out very well. It was nice to have it in the freezer to pull out for dinner on a busy day. Can have it with some crusty bread , a salad or crackers and cheese as well as a sandwich. I think you will enjoy it. You can add more seasonings if you want to.
Do let me know how you like it after you try it. Frozen vegetables mean not much work to make it.

Enjoy it!

Lynn
Katherine said…
Thanks Al!! A great interview and a great link. I had never heard of the crockpot site. I think Al is ready for masters knitting!

The snow is beautiful. We had an inch last night but it melted before morning.
Grace said…
I too spend to much time on Pinterest, I also say mehhhh to the Pioneer Woman and I love Anne Burrell, and malabrigo could be my favorite yarn too!!!

Kathy what color way is the Lorna's Laces it is pretty!
kathy b said…
Grace It is Lorna's laces WHITEWATER :)
Bianca said…
Oohh! That yarn is so lovely. And in our country all snow disappeared on Monday :(
Lynneb said…
priceles gotta love that Al!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???