Groundhog Day Around HERE


My knitting attempts with the lace chart are about as futile as Bill Murray's efforts to WAKE UP after Groundhog Day. It was getting painful. I've suspended my efforts on Montana Woolie socks.


The knitting groundhog DID not see his shadow because I cashed in a JoAnn's gift card and bought some Paton 's Kroy Sock Yarns. I've successfully cast on and am now knitting the free Simply Ginny Cabled sock pattern by Anna Peck. Instead of tensing up my shoulders and counting madly and muttering....I've moved on. Cabling socks is a challenge for me, so I am pushing my limits.
Fireman asked me, "Aren't you supposed to be enjoying this?" last night after I pulled out the lace sock time and time again. I reminded him he doesn't always love cycling uphills on his century rides....
but he was right.


I was determined to show you some beauty today. The leading line of cinnamon bundt cakes was taken inside Maggiano's Corner Bakery around noon today. The meadow grasses are in our yard. They do provide some glorious softness mid-winter in my yard.


Here's a lithe aside: I love Bill Murray. I love him in Groundhog Day, What About Bob and yes even Caddyshack. He grew up in our area of Chicagoland. His brother and I were in a play in high school together. Joel Murray was cute. I don't think I'll violate any confidentiality laws if I tell you that Bill Murray came into our Infant Special Care Unit years ago. One of our respiratory therapists was down at the vending machines at zero dark thirty, and so was Bill Murray. He has a very sick family member in the hospital. Bill Murray, in the midst of his family crises, came up to our unit to cheer up OUR staff in the middle of the night. I so wish I was on that night. If you need to relive some of the funny funny scenes in Groundhog Day go to Susan B's blog. You can click on links of Groundhog Day and laugh yourself silly......

I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fireman is right --- it IS supposed to be fun. But, sometimes it's not.
Mereknits said…
I'm glad you gave up the lace, knitting time if you can grab it should be enjoyed. And by the way I love Bill Murray, Groundhog Day is a classic that gets better with time. He is hysterical in almost everything he does, and we can all use a good laugh.
Hugs to you,
Meredith
fancystitching said…
Good luck on the new socks. Frustration is NOT mandatory with sock knitting, but it does sometimes rear its ugly head. I had a bad experience with that Kroy yarn... of course I am completely ANAL about the colors and stripes on the 2 sock matching up exactly. Not to be with the yarn I got. It was as though they were from 2 different dye lots. But I must say, they are the warmest socks in my drawer! And who really sees those socks on your feet anyway?
Minerva said…
I'm a Bill Murray fan, too. Now I like him even better. Great story.
Beverly said…
Knitting should be fun. You are right to take a break from the lace socks and try something else. Your picture reminded me that I have the same yarn in my stash.

I've never seen Groundhog Day. I've always caught it already in progress and couldn't really get into it. Maybe one day I'll rent it.
Judy S. said…
Isn't it too cold in Chicago for lacy socks anyhow? Try a scarf but not with lace weight yarn if you really want to do lace.... Did Mr. GH see his shadow in your part of the world? Hope not; we're headed that way next month and are hoping for a snowless visit. LOL
SissySees said…
Dumb ol' firefighters. Mine says the same thing when I'm muttering, tinking, shoving a project into a time-out... ;)
Katherine said…
I am crazy in love with Punxsutawney Phil. He is so cute and cuddly! I also love the movie and Bill Murray though I confess Caddyshack is my favorite.

Life is too short to spend it fighting with lace knitting. Knitting is meant to be enjoyed and meant to be soothing. Knit on Kathy!
Anonymous said…
I grew up in Woodstock, IL where they filmed "Groundhog Day" I was not living there at the time. My folks said everyone went to see the movie twice, once to see the locals and locales cast and second to watch the movie. It is one of the few movies we keep and rewatch. :) Helen
Lynn said…
What abt Bob and Groundhog Day are my DH's FAVORITES!!! Death Therapy is mine!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???