I Love Lorna's Laces


I bought some Lorna's Laces at my little yarn crawl with Al last week too. I have never been disappointed with Lorna's Laces sock yarn. Never. I haven't knit anything with this amazing yarn in a few years....so it was time to buy some. I think the company is based in Chicago too. No matter, I"d love it no matter where it was from. The browny, grey blues are the perfect sock color for me for now.

I am a seasonal color knitter. I don't knit with springy colors or summery colors in the winter. Do you? I like to change up my colors with the months. I just finished a pair of socks in pinks and greens and whites and it felt all wrong. I felt like I was knitting with summer flowers in the crisp of fall. Wrong wrong wrong.

It is the season of browns and oranges, flame reds and wet yellows. Today is dark and wet and grey. Days like today, I thought on my way to the shelter this morning, I'd rather it stay dark all day and hide its dreary face. Alaska-like.......I think I'd do fine there!

Comments

Nancy said…
I like knitting with Lorna's Laces, but the sport-weight pills a lot during washing. Shepherd Sock is not nearly as nice to knit, but it doesn't pill even with repeated washing.
Anonymous said…
I LOVE Lorna's Laces. I thought I read they were sold to a big company though. I wonder if the yarn will change.

I don't think I pick my colors so much by season as much as what is on top of the pile.
Beverly said…
I'm not a seasonal knitter. I knit with all colors year round and I prefer rich vibrant colors.

I have some Lorna's Laces sock yarns that I've been moving around for several years. I knitted a shawl with the laceweight a few years back and love it. I still have one more skein of the laceweight but I haven't come across the right pattern for it yet.
Katherine said…
Beautiful colors! We are also having dark, cold weather and I love it too, especially after the extreme summer we had. It's odd though that it makes me want to knit with reds, hot pinks and electric blues!
Judy S. said…
I love Lorna's Laces also and was glad when they started offering the bigger hanks. Just started socks in The Outer Drive color which is great...I think they must have named a whole bunch after Chicago landmarks....

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???