Finished AL's Fair Isle Legggins



I finished Al's legwarmers on Thanksgiving morning. You see Al did ALL the cooking at our house. I just had to clean and help clean up after. So I had time to finish her legwarmers. They made me feel like dancing!

I used Dream in Color for the raspberry main color and used Liberty Wool Classic Elite for the Fair Isle. I wish both legs matched but that is not how the yarn knit up. I think they came out whimsical and wonderful. I made up a pattern.

I cast on 64 stitches and ribbed awhile. Then I found a fair isle pattern that was made up of a 16 stitch repeat and focused for a bit. Fair Isle requires focus, but I do so love the results. Also, because the top part is fair isle, the leggings hug there and won't fall down. Next I did a few stripes and finished them up plain in stockinette in the round. She loved them. They will keep her warm and fuzzy as our temps are really dropping here now.

I need more dances in my life I think. I worry too much. Worry less, dance more.....

I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

SissySees said…
Cute and happy!! What a special gift.

It's been blissfully warm here at the beach. Fall and a cold rain are on the way though...
Mereknits said…
Or worry less knit more. I like that one. Lovey leg warmers, I bet Al is thrilled.
Happy Monday,
Meredith
Katherine said…
Beautiful!! I love the way the yarn color worked out. Great idea about the Fair Isle helping to hold them up.

Worry less and knit more sounds good but dance? I don't dance--I just rock and sway. I'm great in a crowded ballroom!
Celia said…
Very pretty!!
Alyssa said…
I love them! They'll look very good peeking over the tops of some nice boots :)
Butterfly said…
Beautiful colors! Worry less and dance more is my absolute favorite solution to stress (except for maybe worry less and knit more)
Nancy said…
I love them! Dance, dance, dance, until you can't breathe.
Beverly said…
Nice! The Fair Isle looks good on these.
Lynn said…
NICE!!! I cant do colored work to save my life!!!
Donna Boucher said…
so cool!
Lynneb said…
very cute! I would love to wear leg warmers but I think I'm too old...I've already worn them once in my life!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???