At long last



* Hummingbird at my feeder.....I've waited YEARS.. They've come to the flowers for a day or so each summer/fall, but never to the feeder. Never repeatedly. I am over the proverbial moon about this.
Now....how to get the loons here.....

*Austermann cotton yarn is the prettiest cotton I've ever laid my hands on. At long last, a cotton that looks like yarn, as opposed to rope! How will I part with it for Dish Rag tag?
Now....how to get my hands on more soon.

*Storms on the real time horizon. No kayaking today. Now, how to convince Fireman to watch a movie of my choice today....

*Have you waited years for a bird sighting????

Comments

SissySees said…
What movie?
Nancy said…
I didn't know Austermann made cotton yarn. It looks like it has a tighter twist than other cotton yarns. Maybe that's why it is softer.
SusanB-knits said…
Nice looking cotton. Let me know how it feels as you work with it. I find most cottons stiff.
Katherine said…
I wish for you as many hummys as we have had this year. We have our feeder in front of the dining room window and we have breakfast with the little guys/girls every morning.

That is good looking cotton and the colors are beautiful!
Anonymous said…
I can't say that I've waited forever for birds, but I HAVE been considering getting a feeder to draw some in.

My friend has a feeder and has all KINDS of beautiful birds at it, especially cardinals and house finches.

Congrats on finally getting a hummingbird.
Grace said…
Yes I have, I always put a feeder out every fall and we get lots of chickadees finches sparrows, blue jays, mourning doves, occasionally starlings and grackles and of course squirrels but the cardinals that eat 3 apartments down never come here---and I serve their favorite, sun flower seeds. I used to get hummers in my last 2 homes but don't see any here.

The coolest bird I ever had at one of my feeders where the pine and evening grosbeaks and the wierdest was a turkey with a broken leg that would hop on a table and eat from the feeder!
Donna Boucher said…
Yes! I have waited and am waiting.
I'm very happy for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???