I dont' know about you, but



something about severe ungodly life threatening heat makes me want to knit with wool. Perhaps it is the heat getting to my head, perhaps it is the need to suffer, perhaps it is the joy of not having cold fingers...whatever it is I've cast on. Nashua Wool stripes for a purse/bag from Knitty Gritty Knits.

Outside it is a gully washer.. .....daytime thunder and flicks of lightening....sure ingredients for steam heat to follow....Someone heard a transformer blow last night in another block of town. Please Lord, not us this time....

The weekend has endless entertainment possiblities in my town. Civil War Days reenacting going on at the Grove.. Endlessly fascinating to me. Fireman is in a charity golf tourney.....
Farmers Markets and garage sales......
and the Workend for me. Presleep and no sleep followed by deep REM sleep.

All could be curtailed by 90 plus heat and humidity....looks like we are all pretty much in the same boat....so move over.....I'm knitting with wool, and
you are welcome to join me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm knittin' with wool too ----- pictures will be coming up soon.

I love the picture of the cloud. We've been seeing a lot of those thunderheads around here lately.
Beverly said…
I'm knitting with some very soft merino. It lace so it doesn't feel heavy or hot.

Impressive thunderhead photo. We can hear the storms in the distance but lately we haven't been the lucky recipients of rain.

And yes, we are all in the same stifling, killer heat boat. Just stepping outside cuts your breath off plus we have a severe ozone alert today.
Donna Boucher said…
no wool for me....

love you!
SissySees said…
Some summers, wool makes me crazy. However this year, it's fingering weight wool and nothing else!
Allison said…
I'm knitting with wool, too! Specifically that gorgeous beast that is Madelinetosh. Totally worth it, and totally perfect for a car ride to Cincinnati this weekend :)
Lucie said…
Send some of that rain over this way. It is so very hot here--although today is cooler that yesterday. I am knitting with a buttercup with a cotton something silk blend right now. almost there
Nancy said…
Three wooly projects on the needles - socks, baby sweater, and scarf.
Katherine said…
Rain sounds good! I would have a long wait if I waited for cool weather to knit with wool. Hope your workend is cool and calm!
Bianca said…
Want to trade? I ma so bored of having rain for over 3 weeks in a row now...
Bridget said…
I haven't seen the Stripes yarn yet, but that would probably make a great bag!

Temperature at 5 this morning = 88. That's just wrong ...
Sue said…
I can't knit with wool, makes my fingers itch, but I do have an urge to make a heavy poncho or Aran sweater. I think it's because it makes me feel that Autumn and cooler days are ahead.
Life's a Stitch said…
Wish we could average our weather. On Tuesday it got up to 64. This coming week looks better - 72, almost my perfect temperature.I feel a bit cheated out of summer and then I see what the rest of the continent is going through.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???