Happy Fourth Of July in the USA


Nicest weather I can recall for a Fourth of July around Chicago. Hot but not too hot. Sunny and not a cloud in the sky. I'm mostly on the porch enjoying all the commotion around me in the neighborhood. Fireman is grilling some burgers shortly...he watched the parade from the Firehouse apron, while I slept at home. Someone actually pulled their car into the firehouse garage and asked if they could park there for the parade.....
Do you make your own lemonade from scratch? I did once, and it involved boiling a syrupy mix and it was wonderful.

I'll be crocheting until my eyelids get heavy tonight.. Doubt I'll walk down to the fireworks display...Will you knit on the Fourth of July ????

Tomorrow there will be kitten updates......they are uber adorable now....

Comments

Nancy said…
Cloudy here today, so not a good backdrop for fireworks.

Yes, i did a bit of knitting today, using a new pattern. I'm not sure I like it.
Anonymous said…
The only fireworks we saw tonight were the ones being set off in neighborhoods as we drove along the expressway. Some were pretty darn impressive.

I'm just about to settle in and finish up on Steve's sock #1.
Lynn said…
I stayed in today. I heard some neighbors setting off some fireworks, but didn't go out to see them. We grilled some burgers and I knit.
Donna Boucher said…
Our fireworks are tonight. We will go.
The louder the better.
No knitting.

We went to see Bad Teacher and it was hilarious.
Raunchy and funny.
Celia said…
I had to work, but I knitted at work.

OMG! Someone had the cajones to ask to park in the firestation? Stupid!!
SissySees said…
I knitted and knitted, and even cast on a new project by skylight while the power was out...

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???