No Way I'm climbing THAT ladder....


Fireman rarely slows down for me to take a picture. This one was taken on the fly.....the other day. NO WAY am I climbing that thing. Some of us will never be Firemen......

And No way am I making those beautiful Koigu socks I told you to hold me to. I got through both cuffs in a 3 x1 rib. Then...I ...just ...couldnt ....bear to keep going. All that stuff: the heel flap, the turning, the gusset, the body, the .blah blah blah. Im too preoccupied with stuff while I am knitting lately to think.....

SO I did the next best thing: I frogged the cuffs and gave the Koigu to Al. She loves her some koigu. She thinks it is baby colors. She is right. She knows about a million pregnant people right now...so she's thinking booties. THey'll be awesome booties.

Dont forget to enter my super simple contest and leave a comment on the previous post by midnoc 6.1.11



I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

Katherine said…
Firemen are a breed apart. The ringtone on my phone for Fireman DS#4 is "Greatest American Hero". They do things everyday that aren't even in my wildest dreams!!

I know what you mean about the socks. Lately I just want to do mindless, straight knitting. Maybe it has something to do with Summer?
Anonymous said…
The volunteer form at our local fire department where I grew up says --- "If you're the kind of person that runs into a burning building when everyone else is running out, we need you."

I'm the one running out. My Dad was a firefighter. So was Steve. Me? I'm a big ol' chicken --- I hate fire.

Thank goodness for those that aren't afraid.
SissySees said…
What a good workout... no wonder I never had a weight problem when I was still in suppression. I loved the truck and climbing the ladder!
Celia said…
That's a very cool picture. I wouldn't go up that ladder either.
Birdsong said…
I might go up the ladder, but certainly not fast enough... DH goes on several wildland fires a year, but that's different. No ladders. One of the two oldest sons is in Helitack; I just try not to think too much about what being dropped off from a helicopter at a wildland fire really means.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???