All God's Creatures...well almost all.....


This post is not for the faint of heart. An innocent discovery yesterday led to an evening of stress. It started out simply enough. Fireman said, "hey, what did you do to that mole on your shoulder, it's bleeding? "

I looked closely in the mirror and gasped. I knew what it was the moment I glanced at it.......it was a tick. A crawly, bloody, disgusting TICK. I told Fireman he needed to help me stay calm. I was holding my breath and the psychosomatic itching began immediately. Yes my skin began to crawl......all of my skin began to crawl.....

He got out the tweezers and removed it head and all.......I made him put it in a plastic bag. I was taking it to the doctor's office in the morning. I called Al. She told me the standard of care is a one time dose of Doxycillin to prevent Lyme disease. I started breathing again. I had time....

ANd then a funny thing happeneed, Fireman starting itching....

and we did the only thing any sane couple would do......we opened the Easter jelly beans and proceeded to placate ourselves with the bag of Brachs. THe whole bag. Whatever knitting I did ended in mistakes. I gave up. I took a benadryl. I washed the sheets and blankets and fell into an antihistamine slumber......

Happy Easter, Happy Spring.......time to put on your FRontline, as my vet sister says....






I WOULD LOVE YOU TO LEAVE A COMMENT>

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh yuck! Hope the tick turns out to be one of the "innocent" ones.
Beverly said…
Good thing he saw it and got it off of you. I hope it's the good kind and not the bad kind. By the way jelly beans are very good medicine.
Katherine said…
That's horrible!! I'm praying that everything is okay. I had a neighbor with Lymes and she was sick, sick, sick!!

BTW it doesn't take an encounter with a tick for me to eat a bag of jelly beans. If I found a tick on my I would probably eat a dozen Cadbury Chocolate/Caramel Eggs. You showed great restraint!
Celia said…
Reminds me. I gotta get some frontline.
Nancy said…
I detest ticks! Like you said, the mere mention of them makes me itchy.

I hope your jelly beans were the spiced ones, as they are the BEST.
Scrabblequeen said…
That would really "Tick" me off! Glad you some appropriate medecine (jelly beans) available. I rather it would have required chocolate for me....
SissySees said…
Icky!!! It's Frontline time here too.
Judy S. said…
Glad you got rid of that icky beastie! Ticks are nasty little critters. Nice you had some jelly beans on hand!
Jennifer said…
Yikes! I'm glad you caught it early.
Yarn Miracle said…
EEEEEEE

Now I am itchy. AND THERE AREN'T ANY JELLY BEANS! Guess it will have to be chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???