Not my Christmas cactus blooming



This is my knit neighbor Abby's Christmas Cactus. She has such a green thumb. She gets her cactus to bloom at the right time each year. Aren't the peachy colored blooms brilliant???? Do you have one? Does it bloom at Chrismastime?

I will finish the red scarf today. I hope I can give it to my friend at work tomorrow. I am impatient in my gift giving. I like to give a gift when it is just new! I am deciding if I'll cast on for a pair of socks, or perhaps some baby hats for a friend's twins.........no rush because they are already here and I am already late gift giving. :) I'm not knitting any Christmas gifts and that is a relief. Just getting the kitchen finished in time is enough. I don't want to jinx it but we should be finished by the 20th or so. The wild card is the countertop arrival....


I talk more in the comments!

Comments

Beverly said…
Ours finished blooming this week. I didn't take any pictures this year since it looked the same only larger. Thanksgiving and Christmas cacti are my favorites.
SissySees said…
The Knight is an especially impatient giver. Such a perfect description!
Katherine said…
One that I bought with blooms on it was beautiful that Christmas but never bloomed again. I'd like to know the secret!

Congratulations on finishing the red scarf. I hope we get to see a picture of it before it is gifted.
Cheryl said…
Ours bloomed like crazy this year it was so pretty & pink! But finished blooming this week too, so it's a bit early! It's always about 3-4 weeks early for Easter too.

Smart thinking on the no Christmas knitting. I thought I had been smart and only chosen a couple projects, but once I finished those I've been going, oh so-and-so would like a pair of socks, I could totally finish those by the 25th, etc., etc.... I think I'm going to sink myself! Good luck with the kitchen!!
Anonymous said…
My cactus blooms around Thanksgiving, and it is white with almost magenta centers. I leave it outside on the shaded deck all spring and summer. It is showing buds all over when I bring it in the house in late October, early November. I live in Georgia, so it can stay out longer. Also, I repot it every couple of years, and this seems to make it bloom even more. Do you know that it is very easy to root in water with just its bottom sitting in the water? Amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???