Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Bernat camouflage hat pattern ....done
The leftovers hat is done..... now to see if it suits Zach. It is wool so he cannot put it in the wash or it will felt. I like how it turned out. I used a free Bernat pattern in which they used a yarn called Camouflage. I don't remember what the leftover yarns were that I used. I will make the next hat in this pattern with a 92 stitch cast on to make it just a bit snugger in the ribbing. (Pattern called for 96 st cast on, but I can see it loosening up in time) I've picked a very masculine grey in Berroco Vintage machine washable blend for his next hat.
Somedays here in Chicago the weather is cool enough for hats again. I can bring his hat to him at school and make a good excuse out of it, to see him.
While I was at the knit shop buying the Berroco, Karen showed me the new needles they are carrying by Swallow. They are an Australian based company. The needles have some glide to them and a tiny bit of flex. I knit a bit with them and really was impressed. Karen says they were mentioned in Vogue Knitting recently. FYI, Karen says they don't make them in size 4s. You aren't supposed to expose them to heat.....so no leaving them in the car I guess!
I talk more in the comments!