Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Yarn



My neighbor Abby wants to start to knit socks. She brought over her yarn to show to me. It is gorgeous. I couldn't write the name of the label down while she was here. I promptly forgot it. Now my last chance yarn is even less appealing. I've told it if it lets me turn the heel nicely tonight, I'll keep at it. But there is new sock yarn hunting going on here at our house.

I loved this particular flower when Cricket and I walked by it. I saw it the other day. I brought the camera all the way back to the flower today to show it to you. Isn't it neat? So very pale and yet stunning. I think a fairy must live in there when the leaves curl together...




I talk more in the comments!

Comments

sara said…
You are so right! That is a fairy flower if I've ever seen one. Such a pretty color, too!
Katherine said…
Thank you for the fairy flower gift! I really needed to see that photo. On Mother's Day when all my men trimmed trees and prepared the yard for Summer they cut down the thicket behind our back fence where such flowers and fairies lived. They were so very proud of the job they did I had to praise them. Later I had a good cry over it!
Grace said…
the flower is so pretty it is almost unreal, like it should be tissue paper or something Great photo
SissySees said…
What a lovely flower!

So... what's the yummy yarn? Inquiring minds want to know...
Turtle said…
wow, it looks unreal! crafted almost!
Karen said…
Pretty flower. Um, I covet yarn all the time. Oh dear.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???