Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Expertise



(Flower shot from Neighbors yard....Zach aren't you proud of me? )

I am finishing the match to the fingerless that was pinching pockets. Tonight. That will make 4 fingerless gifts for Christmas so far. I am also working on a baby blanket but I am running into possible issues. I am sensing that nagging wrist pain when I make the blanket. Geez, I may be knitting with sock yarn the rest of my life! I am making little strips to knit together for the blanket. I'm knitting with ACRYLIC b/c I know that babies burp and when they do it is messy.

Which brings me to a bias of mine. I don't knit soakers. Why on earth would I knit something that those loose little stools will leak out on? Even the best rubber pants won't stop it. I don't consider myself an expert in many things, but baby poop and burps are my area of expertise.

Any questions?

10 comments:

Teresa in Virginia said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't knit soakers. I could never figure out the logic behind those things....

Breien in Lansingerland said...

WOW! You are working on Christmas gifts already! I am amazed!

Channon said...

Thanks. Babyless here, but it's never made sense to me either... I knit blankies and booties.

Karen said...

LOL, good point!!! I'm no snob, but I don't fancy handing over my hard-knit work just for a baby to poop all over!!

Katherine said...

I a gree with you completely! Even when my babies wore cloth diapers (yes it's been that long ago) I did not knit soakers. Also, when I recently knit a baby blanket gift in homespun with a larger needle, my hands and wrists hurt and I don't usually have any problems with hand/wrist pain.

Again, great photo!!

Kathryn said...

gorgeous! love, bouf

Ling said...

I'm amazed that you're making progress on Christmas gifts already.

And I totally agree with you on soakers. I've never knitted one and is unlikely to ever knit one. I love making baby blankets and clothing.

Lynne said...

You know, I wondered about soakers, too. My daughter asked me to knit two of them for newborn baby Levon, so I obliged. But really, it just seems like it would be extra work to wash an extra layer. But then, she cloth diapers, too. I did, however, have fun knitting them.

Sue said...

Have you tried one of the gloves designed for knitters with wrist pain? I need a pair for my tendonitis.

I don't make soakers either even though some of them are very cute. Just like I won't knit a rug for someone to walk on with their dirty shoes.

Beverly said...

Great photo. Truly beautiful.

Go ahead wild woman. You are doing Xmas gifts already?! I haven't even decided what I'm going to make.

Blog Archive