Picture later post...

Well this is a new way to post for me. I want to connect before I head out this morning.

There is something in the water at work. We have many pregnant nurses and it is so exciting. Of course, I am thinking of knitting gifts, but I just hesitated this minute. If I knit for one I should knit for all. There are twins involved also! Perhaps I'll forego the knitting for favorite books for children. Hmmmmm. Thinking on this one.....

Knitting infant gifts would mean getting away from my sock yarns. I am really enjoying my arm feeling great. Why break it if it isn't broken eh?

Some of my favorite books to give families are:

The Napping House
Jan Brett books, anyone of them
The House that Jack Built
(I love good cadence in a book)
THe Five Chinese Brothers
Bread and Jam for Francis
Its Easy to See Why.....

And yours?

Comments

SissySees said…
I don't have any favorites per se... I usually just decide I want to give books, and wander in the bookstore...
Katherine said…
Does it date me to say my favorites are Where The Wild Things Are and Green Eggs and Ham? I have to say though that the tiny bit of obcessive compulsive in me loves The House That Jack Built.
Celia said…
Click, Clack, Moo. Cows Don't Type is one of my new favorites.

There's something in the water here at work too.
Grace said…
I Love YOU Forever is my favorite, Then beatrix potter and the old standby good night moon.

I printed out a baby sweater pattern yesterday for one of those ones were you make new fronts to button on when one gets dirty, the yarn shipped yesterday too and we don't even know of a baby coming
Estella said…
There is a lovely book called Time For Bed (by Jan Dyer I think) with gorgeous watercolor illustrations. I love gifting it.
Just Me said…
My one earnest desire and prayer for my children was that they would love to read. They do! I will chime in here with my family's favorites from the younger years, and currently for my youngest, We love the whole Brown Bear, Brown Bear series. It starts with Brown Bear and the next books also include Baby Bear, Polar Bear, and Panda Bear. Very vivid images and the sing-song story is marvelous.
Leslie said…
You could always use the sock yarn to knit booties and/or hats...
Beverly said…
Books are a great gift. I've always enjoyed reading to my nieces and nephews.
Laura said…
Any book by Sandra Boynton, especially "Good Night, Good Night."
gMarie said…
I love the Coconut Tree. It's a rhyme alphabet book. Big fun. g
Jennifer said…
I love the Richard Scarry's Biggest Word Book Ever (and well, pretty much anything by him). I also like to make Christine's Stay-On Baby Booties as gifts. They're hand-made, don't take long, use up leftover sock yarn and are so darned cute. Best part? They really, really do stay on.
Sue said…
Sheep In A Jeep

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???