Pretend friends, I have a pretend cat



Seriously. I'm volunteering with the Univeristy of Minnesota's Veterinary School.
For a week I communicate with a new vet surgical resident as if I were a pet owner.
The pont is to help these new Vet surgeons with their people skills.

So......
My new pretend cat
is named Fuzzbucket.
(I didnt get to name her.)
(I call her Uzzy)

She is having surgery this morning.
Please do not send me anything to give her.
I have already showered her with pretend gifts.

I am being a bit of a pain as a pet owner,
because that IS how I would be if my cat was having surgery!

Aren't these knitted kitties cute?

I know some real surgeons who could improve their people skills.
Meow.
I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Katherine said…
I just tried to make an appointment with Macy's regular groomer and a new person there told me she had no information that would indicate that Macy had ever been there in the past. What? Only every month for the last five years!!

Could you call them for me?

Love to Uzzy.
Karen said…
Pretend friends??? I consider you a Real Life Friend!!!! :)

Sorry about your pretend cat's fake surgery. Hope it goes well. LOL

My real cat needs a real surgery. I'm trying really hard not to really freak out about it. It's not working so well. I think a real martini might be needed on operation day.
Your so cute you gave me a giggle hope all goes well with the pretend kitty's surgery keep us updated;)Hugs Darcy
rita said…
You can bet I'll be a pain in the tushie if/when my cat/dog needs surgery. I had a little Yorkie who died before she could be intubated. It wasn't the vet's fault, she had polyps in her throat and she'd had several surgeries previously in that last year.

Love the knitty kitties!
Deb said…
I'm a real friend who's taken advantage of the real vets at the University of Minnesota. Break them in well!
Jennifer said…
Hehehe - I love the title. At least with a pretend cat, you can pretend to feed it, and care for it, without any real responsibilities. : ) They sure are cute! They'll definitely bring some comfort to a kitty owner.
Emily said…
All the real cats here feel Uzzy's pain. Keep an eye on her now that it is all over so that she doesn't pull her stitches out.
kathy b said…
FUzzyBucket was realesed and HOME to us by Friday. She is adorable, but strangely disappeared......

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???