Monday, November 24, 2008

Cold Turkey

"

I quit coffee creamer cold turkey nearly 3 days ago. Somehow I think this may help counter the Christmas cookie indulgences I plan on. So far so good. No cookies yet, just black coffee.

The black hat for Fireman is half done. The outer black aplaca portion was just finished. Now I pick up the brim stitches and start a slightly smaller inner hat with soft merino. I've never knitted Fireman a hat before. It will not have any firefighter hat resemblences, Fireman is a fireman only at work. :)

About Al's socks. The pattern is a Blackberry Woolen Mills or Ridge? pattern out of Mt. Horeb Wisconsin. She says it is well writeen. :)

I'm looking for a really soft yarn. About 1100 yards. Must not itch. Any ideas my friends? Santa has a budget you know!
I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

11 comments:

Karen said...

Tee hee, what a clever Cold Turkey shot! I love those International Delight creamers - I drink the Sugar Free Hazelnut every day. (In my coffee, not by the glass). I wish they made more Sugar Free flavors - it's either Hazelnut or French Vanilla.

Softest yarn. That doesn't itch. Hhhhmmmmmm. That's tough - because most yarns itch me. Of course, Malabrigo is cuddly, but 1100 yards would cost a fortune. My Feb Lady is in Andean Silk from Knit Picks. Very soft, very affordable . . . but it does itch me around the neck when I wear it.

Melissa said...

soft yarn...ummmm...I love Berroco Comfort.

Grace said...

the styrofoam head was purchased at a Beauty supply store for 3.50 a really good deal

I love Elann yarns and their pricing is awesome!

Nell said...

Good girl! It's the little things that make a big difference.

Jennifer said...

You crack me up. I actually snorted! Did you hear me?

What color does Al like? I'll look through my stash and send you some pictures.

Katherine said...

At Elann you can get an alpaca/merino/cashmere blend that is soooooo soft for $3.30 per 109 yard skein. Looking forward to seeing Fireman's hat!

I've been eating more sugar-free and low fat stuff lately thinking I can somehow offset the calories that are about to hit me this week. It has never worked before though!

Ling said...

I find it really hard to give up anything foodwise. I admire your willpower. Enjoy the Christmas cookies.

Irisheyes Lynn said...

My favorite yarn ever-----Debbie Bliss Cashmerino! It's not really cheap, but sooooo soft. You can get it at Webs and use their discount.

Scrabblequeen said...

Hands down winner for super soft/no itch....Malabrigo! Not too pricey, either, and gorgeous colorways. BTW, who can drink coffee without cream? Why bother? Thank God for Tea!

Kathy R said...

Hi. I'm a Kathy who has a fireman too. Just like yours, he's only a fireman at work.

Lynne said...

I've tried so many times to drink my coffee black, Can't do it. It's like medicine! But, good for you!

Blog Archive