Summer lingers on ....Sept 2



Huck and I went to our favorite Lake Michigan beach this morning. The waves were warm, the water was clear, my dog was delighted to be swimming again, and I delighted in throwing the stick to him. Then he wrote irisheyesknitters in the sand and reminded me he'd like to be on the blog today. I try hard not to think he may not be here to swim next year....but the emotion is there and shame on me for ruining a lovely time. We could have 5 more years, who knows?

I finished my raglan cardigan and choose the buttons today. Little dog buttons. I know. I asked my favorite cleaners owner, Sunny, to have it for me by thursday. It is supposed to be 63 then. It is 92 outside right now.

I'm off to the frog pond with an old failure.....rip it rip it! Are you frogging?


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Huck is a cutie!!! what a lovely day:)Hugs Darcy
Enjoy the warm weather while you can.
Pat K said…
Good boy Huck looks like he is having a blast! Buddy would love to join him for a swim.
rita said…
Awwww, Huck is beautiful! Enjoy what time you have with him and treasure the memories forever.
Karen said…
Clearly he is an extraordinary dog, if he can write blog titles in the sand!!! I bet he'll be around for 50 more years. :) Can't wait to see your sweater all finished and buttoned up!
Bianca said…
Oh, how I wish I could be there to walk the beach with you! LOL!

What are you frogging?
Anonymous said…
Huck we love you!! Macy sends smoochies. These are the golden days of summer I remember so well from our Chicago days--warm sun, cool breeze and lots of golden light. Perfect!

I have frogged more than my share of lace this week.
Ling said…
Enjoy the sunshine. You could be in London, where the sun don't shine!

I am taking stock of my WIPs and doing my share of frogging.
Donna Boucher said…
Hi Huck,
How's my favorite pooch?
Bernadette said…
Aww! Huck is an angel! May you have many more happy years with him!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???