Irisheyes knit together





If iirisheyes Al and irisheyes Lynn were chilly knitting with me on the porch today, they hid it well. ( I can't give up the outside porch knittng yet. Maybe I'll see how long I can keep the outside knitting going this year.)

As the hostess I offered them 100% indulgence for nourishment. They may have been chilly, but they were all sugared up. We got a little giddy. Now local bakery GLADSTONES sold me decadent cupcakes. The very kind that CAKESPY is always showing off. Lynn choose the coconut lemon with lemon filling, Al and I split the Mocha and the Chocolate with chocolate pocket , gritless frosting and chocolate sprinkles. There was tea, diet coke and coke as well. No wonder we had a good time.

Lynn is knitting some baby socks. I can't even tell you about the baby, because not only is it illegal due to HIPPA violations but it is too sad to even share with you .It would break all your sweet knitting hearts into thousands of pieces at once.

Onto cheerful: her cabled sweater sleeve. She's knitting Central Park Hoodie in this gorgeous blue speckled yarn. She says if she sizes it a bit off, it is okay, one of the 3 women who live in her house will get it. Way to take the pressure off LYNN!

Lastly I show you her new knit bag. Now before you go thinking she's gone goth, she didn't realize the gorgeous little flowers are really skulls. She says it ruined it for her to discover this. Oh, I say its seasonal and it is so darling.

Lynn and AL's knitting inspired me today. Have you been inspired lately?

Comments

Grace said…
sounds like a good time, I am waiting for it to get cooler so I can enjoy some outdoor knitting time. I get inspired so often that my to do list is constantly in a state of flux, I had no intention of knitting the silk kerchief available on Ravelry but guess what I cast on last night and can't put down
Karen said…
You sure know how to host a knitting party!! Mmmm, I had to clicky the picture to make it bigger and look REALLY HARD to make out the skulls on Lynn's pretty bag. Looks like flowers to me too. I'll keep the poor little baby in my thoughts - I hate to hear sad baby stories. (I know, I didn't actually here it, but just knowing it exists makes me so sad.)
NatRed2 said…
I am with you on the outdoor knitting. I am not ready to give it up yet despite the chill.

I quite like Lynn's bag, skulls and all!

(I won't mention the sadnees)
Bianca said…
I'll stick to knitting indoors, but am glad to read that you had a fun time. Although... knitting lately has been limited to a few rows at the time...the past few days were really busy.
I didn't notice the skulls until you pointed it out. It would have ruined it for me too. I don't get the skull thing. Somebody explain.
Anonymous said…
I love the cables on CPH and the sock is sweet. The flowers on the bag are like one of those puzzles you have to look at for a while before you see the picture(skulls).

What a party that was! Knitting, sugar and caffeine. Way to go!
Irisheyes Lynn said…
Porch knitting was fun! Thanks for having me over (and thanks for the yummy cupcake)!
blog-blethers said…
Outdoor knitting sounds wonderful but not sure how practical it would be here in Cardiff:( I think we've had about 2 dry days all summer ... or at least it feels that way!

CPH is looking great; what a wonderful colour. And love the knitting bag.

I've nominated you for an award! Please check my blog:o)
Sounds like a great day on the porch. My prayers are with that baby it's family.
Beverly said…
Glad you had a nice get together. I like the bag skulls and all.
kathy b said…
Thanks blogbletherings for the wonderful award. I nominate every one who commented on this post. All great knitters and bloggers. I nominate you all if you so wish!
Bibby said…
Porch knitting with cupcakes.......every knitter's dream!!!
If I lived in Chicago, I believe I'd be holding onto summer a little longer too!
Turtle said…
lots of good knitting! (love the bag as well) Oh my stomach is rumbling at the food talk! I started a detox today and have had no "goods" or caffeine! (sigh) Hey this is the link for the dishcloth swap, they are always fun, and holiday oriented too!


http://dishclothexchange.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???