Because it feels like a dishrag around here



I felt compelled to knit one. And because I have always thought the Mason-Dixon ball-band was impressive!

Good thing I did not enter DishRagTag this year. I was not a fast dishrag knitter. This one took a few days. As in 4 days. Average days when I pick up my needles as I can. In between the nonknitting parts of my life (oh yes there are parts!)

Let's see, October and November have 61 days. Lets say I knit half of them on dishcloths....that's 8 more dishcloths for gifts. Hypotheticals are fun. Dishcloths are fun too.

One of the main reasons I like this pattern is it is laceless. For all of you who love to knit lace, you have until midnight to enter Grace at Lovin Comfort Knits blog contest. Find a pretty FREE lace shawl pattern out there and leave it in comment on her blog. She is giving away an amazing shawl.

I think this dishcloth pattern belongs with my EASY AND IMPRESSIVE category. Right up there with Top Down raglans and socks. Any pair of straightforward socks with steal your heart away yarns. Do you have an easy and impressive favorite pattern? I'd love to compile a list. OH! Maybe I'll have a sidebar!


I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
The only one I know is the MD one. Can't wait to see what you find!
Jennifer said…
I just love the homey-ness of a handknit dishrag. It always reminds me of my Grandma. I love yours - the color and pattern are great. I hope it brings a smile to you every time you're stuck in the kitchen instead of knitting.

; )
kathy b said…
Nell

WHat is the MD one?

kathyb
Karen said…
Easy is great . . . . and easy & impressive is even better!!!! I don't have an easy & impressive pattern in mind, but I vote for anything with cables. The look so much harder than they are. ;)
Anonymous said…
I love the ball band cloth! The colors are so pretty. As for easy and impressive I would choose the one I just finished, "Grandma's Favorite Diagonal Cloth." The .pdf pattern is at
http://eloomanator.eloomanation.com/docs/Eloomanator_Diagonal_Knit_Dishcloth.pdf
I love the ball band dishcloth the colors are yummy and congratulations on winning one of Graces lovely shawls it is gorgeous:)Hugs Darcy

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???