Who does a practice sweater? ME!



My cozy fall sweater needs sleeves and a few repairs. This very boring brown yarn is acrylic. I'll admit it. Gasp if you must. Think what you will. But, It ain't gonna itch me! And she's machine washable. She's the practice sweater.

The thing about the practice sweater is there is no pressure. Some stitches have been dropped, the buttonhole spacing is not precise, and no one gives her a second glance when I take her out in public to knit . She's just for practice. I haven't been upset about this knit once yet.

Karen from Musings of a mostly self-taught knitter blog, is making a sweater in just about the same color. We are calling them the twin sweaters. Hers is from a gorgeous pattern and mine isn't but they can still be twins. Separated at birth and all that. Go over and admire:)

Amy of knitting.typepad.com wrote a funny, creative post last week. She talks about Bob Costas doing a segment on her Olypmic knitting. It is clever and funny. Go and laugh.

If you love Raggedy Ann and want to see some lovely Raggedy's go over to PurlyGirlPrimitives blog. I bought one last week from her. I bought the one in the lady bug dress. I haven't decided who I'll give her to yet, but she is soooo cute. Go and smile.

(jilly. She cried this monring!)












I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Ling said…
A practice sweater - what a good idea! I think it looks fab.
Jennifer said…
OMG - a practice sweater? It sounds like a great idea for people with patience. I can't even finish the WIPs on my To Knit list, so I'm afraid a practice knit is right about on the same level as knitting a swatch (you mean you're supposed to waste time knitting a swatch????). I love the brown color and there is nothing wrong with acrylic. Just think - the moths won't attack it - EVER!
Anonymous said…
I just got an e-mail from her. It sounds like she is having a tough time getting back into the swing of things. But I know our girl, she will make it through. Tell her to call me and she can try over the phone to me!
Anonymous said…
Be sure to check if your Raggedy Ann has a heart on her chest. She has t have ine or she isn't "real".
Beverly said…
A practice sweater is a great idea. You can try out techniques before you ruin the yarn for the actual sweater. As for acrylic, there's a place for all yarns.
I haven't ever made a sweater, much less a practice sweater. You go.
Karen said…
A practice sweater is a brilliant idea!!!! Give the pattern a good run-through before you break out the cashmere. LOL Yup, our sweater twins are not identical, but still twins just the same. (My dad is that kind of twin - not identical - I forgot what the kind is called.) :)
Anonymous said…
Practice or not she is lovely! Actually I think she looks better than my grey sweater and mine is not practice. Not fair!
Anonymous said…
Myfirst sweater was a "practice sweater" in a really vile bulky acrylic (not even a nice one). I didn't want to spend to much on it in case I hated making sweaters. I did a practice sock the same way. Turns out I love to make both, but you never would have known without the practice.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???