Beach Bag Baby!



Stacey from Sheep in the City included this cute little project bag with our August swap. Ahhhh the beach. We are hoping to get there next week. This is the time of year when Lake Michigan is warm enough to really swim in. Fireman likes it a bit wavy, so we'll have to hope for some wind that day.

I should show you a picture of my cardigan, but it is kinda boring. I'd say I'm halfway done. Now it does have button holes and will need buttons. But, I've found a way to cheat. One of my knit hangouts is next to the cleaners. Sunny the woman who runs the cleaners is a doll. Well, I plan to just drag her down a few doors to the knit shop and have her pick the buttons that will work best. THen her seamstress can sew them on for me securely. What I won't do to avoid buttons. But, as some of you know from previous posts, I don't sew. Not even buttons.

In fact I am throwing out the 25 year old sewing box that my dear mom's friend gave us as a shower gift. It takes up a lot of space and never has more than a tomato pin cushion and a few odd spools of neutral thread in it. I have a small and humble abode, I need all the space I can get for ....you know...yarn!
I'll talk to you in the comments. :)

Comments

Karen said…
Boring???? There is no such thing as a boring knitting picture. Can we see the sweater in your next post?? :) Cute bag though!
Anonymous said…
Cute bag. Can't wait to see the sweater! Mine is moving so slowly I may not even finish it in time for winter. Aren't cleaners wonderful? Without them DH would never have buttons sewn on his shirts. You have the right idea!
Unknown said…
Very cute bag!
rita said…
Amen to not sewing. My daughter borrowed my trusty old sewing machine then moved to Florida. Now I can't mend my husband's pants. I need to keep him from buying me a new sewing machine.

I have never thought of taking buttons that need to be sewn on the the dry cleaners. I used to take needlepoint and counted cross stitch in for blocking, though. Worth every penny!

Thank you for coming to my blog and commenting!
Beverly said…
Clearing out just means you have more room for more yarn and knitting supplies. Woohoo!
Can't wait to see the buttons Sunny picks out. :)

Love the bag!
Anonymous said…
That is a great bag! But what about the rest of the stuff? Did she make it? who is the manufacturer?
kathy b said…
Lynne

She found the bag. Im glad you like it . She says they have many great bags. THe manufacturer is ORE.
NatRed2 said…
New is alway good! Cute bag...I hope you made time for Stitches this weeked.
Natalie Rush said…
That is a very cute bag!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???