Risking Life and Limb



This liberticious (I made that up) man was nearly the subject of a Guest Blogger post. On our way to Marengo, (Lynn drove) we pulled up at a stop next to the tax reminder man. If only I had time to toss him a ball of yarn....
however to do so would have infuriated the traffic behind us. I will stop at something, you see.

While we are on the safety subject. Have you heard the saying: Pull to the Right for Sirens and Lights? Another ambulance got hit by a car in a nearby community this week during some snowy weather. This is every fireman's nightmare.
So pass it on. Pull to the RIght for Sirens and lights. THis means, if you are in the left lane, and all the cars next to you are in the right lane pulled over, KEEP DRIVING with the ambulance behind you, until you have the opportunity to pull right. Dont just stop in the left lane. It is simple, but even I freeze up when the trucks are coming and Im driving with them behind me. Oh, Im soapboxing now. Not really, am I? Just trying to make some sense of it for others.

And whichever way your taxes went, remember it is just money. You can make more tomorrow. (and then by more yarn)

Comments

Karen said…
Great little rhyme and great Public Service Announcement. My dad drives an ambulance, and it's true - not everyone pulls aside like they should.
Irisheyes Lynn said…
I wondered when the Liberty Man was going to make an appearance!
Anonymous said…
It would have been SOOOO cool to have the Tax man as your guest! You have to get him one day!
Karen said…
That was one of the first things I taught Mandy when she first starting driving last year. We had to file an extension so I still don't know if we get money back or not (keeping my fingers crossed for the positive...the government gets enough of our $$$).

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???