Monday, October 16, 2006

My part is done.......



Just tell me how grateful you are that I can quit blogging about this jacket. The knitting finished around 10pm last night as the Mets were up 11-5 or so. Al can attest: I had less than one foot of the Noro yarn left, as I bound off.

Okay, it is really pretty now that my part is finished! I am dropping it off at LYS tomorrow; call me a cheater, an inferior knitter, whatever....they can do the seam finishing for me. After all this work, I am not going to risk fudging it. I may add two clasp type buttons as shown in the original pattern picture by Cabin Fever knits.

Tonight, as we watch the Bears game, I will cast on something else. Something very small and quickly satisfying. I'm thinking fingerless gloves.....


Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hooray! It's gorgeous!

Irisheyes Lynn said...

Congratulations on finishing it! It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Oooh, it came out beautiful!! I think clasps will be a wonderful addition too. Can't wait to see the final modelled picture. :)

PS: The check came yesterday - thank you!! Do you need help getting the button posted?

Chicago Jen said...

Hooray!! Congratulations! There's no shame in off loading a project for finishing when you've been working on it for so long!! Great job and we miss you on Tuesdays. :)

Beverly said...

Woo Hoo!!! Such a beautiful project. You deserve to take it easy for perservering.

monica said...

OH my! it is stunning I love the colors. I am so glad for you. Mine is still sitting in the bin where it has been for a very long time. You did a great job, give yourself a pat on the back!

Pat K said...

How beautiful! It really looks fantastic. I want to see a picture of it being worn!

Ling said...

It looks gorgeous!! I second Pat - I'd love to see it worn.

Allison said...

It is beautiful Mama, I am so proud. I can't wait until it is "finished" so that you can wear it. You haven't posted in such a long time, you better inform your faithful readers that you haven't, in fact, died from relief. If you're looking for ideas you still haven't blogged about my Hedwig socks. Socks that rocks? Socks that Shocks? Be as creative as you'd like.

Blog Archive