Let the Purse begin....




I have been behaving. Al and I have decided to create a purse for the local animal shelter benefit. I've decided to crochet the purse, as it is so much faster for me. The yarn was AUTUMN, won in Claudia's MS ride fundraiser. So why am I patting myself on the back?

I actually crocheted a swatch and felted it, for starters. I love the colorway felted up. The initial size of the swatch was 71/2 by 6 inches. One wash later it was 6x5. The second wash was 5x4. Someone very mathmatical out there will figure out the pre and post ratio. Well, Al will use this information to help me crochet to the correct size prior to felting.

We have some cute ideas for the bag's theme. We are making up the pattern. Of course, I'll share the progress.

I've also been behaving with the sleeve knitting of Swing Coat. It is like torture to me currently. I spent most of Sunday's knit time wondering if I am doing it correctly. Off to LYS as soon as I am able to have them check the pattern and my work. The next garment I make will not have any SLEEVES.


Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

Comments

Oh, yes, it felted up beautifully into watercolour of sorts. Beautiful!
monica said…
That purse will be beautiful. I love the color. And I know what you mean about the sleeves, I hate sleeves.
Karen said…
So beautiful!!!! Did you get the mathematical formula you need? I'm no math-whiz, but I can never pass up a challenge. From what I figure, by the second wash the swatch was 66% of the original size. So, decide how big you want the purse, and divide the measurements by .66. That will tell you how big to crochet it. Of course, I'm not sure I'm right - so let me know if you are using my formula and I'll have Pea check it over. He's an engineer and will know right off if I've done it correctly. LOL
Anonymous said…
Oh that is going to make a beautiful purse. Love the colors that just seem to melt together.
Beverly said…
Such a pretty color. Good luck with the purse and felting.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???