The Tortoise Button



This was "the" button Al most wanted at Stitches Midwest Market. I think he is a great tortoise. Al's plan for him, is to bask in his glory along the banks of her cabled sweater. Maybe catch a bug or two as she walks along the lakefront. Some buttons are just delights. Do you have a favorite button?

As for my Swing Coat, I'm weary of it.
I've been knitting it, exclusively, for over a month now and it is probably half way done.
I will press on...
I fear stopping and not restarting...
But, I am bored......I want to start some socks........



Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

Comments

Karen said…
That is such a cool button!!! I went yarn shopping yesterday and was looking at all the great buttons two of the store had to choose from - I guess I never noticed before (usually waylaid by all the yarn, I guess). My favorites were the little trucks and sailboats - they'd look great on a sweater for a little boy. I need to hunt down some patterns - and then I may go back and get them.

I say, go ahead and work a little on some socks if you feel the urge. Sometimes you need a little break from a big project or you get burned out. I know you'll pick it back up and get it done when the time is right!!
Beth said…
I agree with Karen - go ahead and start some socks. If you need motivation to get re-started on the coat, post photos here and we'll "urge" you on. Nicely of course! :)
Sarah said…
Start a small project...socks, scarf or SOMETHING to take the edge off the swing coat.

Love the button.

sbridge3 at cox dot net
Marcia said…
Well, maybe just a short diversion. You have to finish it.....I'm looking forward to comparing Noros!
Birdsong said…
Delighted by the button, and just chiming in to say that I believe in having two or three projects rotating, to help through the less appealing stretches some of them inevitably have.
Anonymous said…
love the button. i didn't see that at stiches midwest. wish I had. I thought it was real at first.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???