A little garden on my labcoat



I was inspired by Macaronimonologues.blogspot.com. This is nothing like her work, yet it is whimsical. My work labcoat is getting old. I tie-dyed it awhile ago. The grey leaflessness around me must have motivated me. I think it could be much better if I stuck with it and added many more flowers. This little bit of crocheting and embroidery took several nights work. My fingers were poked too many times to count. I wanted to get back to my knitting so I called it finished.

So thanks to Macaroni I'm getting a bit more out of my labcoat, and I have some flowers around me .....literally! It was a fun use of leftover yarns. I think I like the yellow/black flowers best of all.....



Please leave me your email or blog so I can thank you for your comment.

Comments

Pat K said…
How creative! Bet you're a hit at work!
Bernadette said…
I think it looks great! And you can always add to it as you have more leftover yarn, bit by bit, if you really want to.
Karen said…
How cheerfuland pretty. I bet the co-workers will be asked you to embellish their labcoats too. Very impressive!!
Marcia said…
Hey! It looks great! You could call this a work-in-progress, and continue to add things. How about a bee? Finger-poking is just part of the fun! I seem to only do that on white snowmen!

Marcia over at the Macaroni
Anonymous said…
I love it. This time of year, getting any little burst of color just reminds us that spring really is upon us. Your creative lab coat will remind you on the greyest of days of the hope and promise of spring.

As for baseball...Hmmm, the Cubs certainly whomped the Reds at OUR home opener. That certainly wasn't very nice now, was it? ;)
That is so pretty and reminds me of spring. What a great idea!

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???