Knitting vs. Nitrous



This is AL's newest project. She is not making a shrug, but altering the pattern a bit to be a full sweater. It is called ISIS and it was in Interweave. The designer is another KATHLEEN. This is the 3rd time Al's yarn from last summer vacation is trying to be a garment. It's a Brown Sheep Cotton. I was in some pain watching her frog the cabled sweater knit in the round, to reuse the yarn for this. As I always say, oh well, knitter's choice.

I had a little problem with my tooth last week. I was limited to a self-imposed liquid diet since it broke; today was the first day I could see the dentist. Well, it wasn't quite a liquid diet; the vending machine at work had a Dove bar in it and some ramen noodles. Both soft foods. I picked the Dove bar. After 3 days of soups and chocolates that melt in your mouth, I felt I needed some protein from the ice cream.....

I had no time to knit due to long shifts at work since Thursday, and I was getting edgy. My friend Diane, who works with me can attest to this. I hope she reads the blog today. So, although I didnt' want to be in the dentist chair, when the dentist said she'd fix my tooth right then WITH nitrous oxide for me.........all my cares were inhaled away. Now Knitting can sometimes take me away, but given the choice, I have to be straight with you......I'd pick the Nitrous if only for an hour...

My tooth is fine now, the novacaine is wearing off. The Nitrous is long gone from my being......but I know I am going to knit better today because I got to go to the dentist today! What till you see what I am knitting, the dentist is a block from the yarn store......

Comments

Alyssa said…
Glad the dentist visit went well - Makes sense you needed a reward afterwards:)

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???