Irisheyes Knitbloggers Challenge: Just the Facts




Frogged: The Koigu fingerless gloves. C'mon you guys are supposed to be my friends. Honestly, after coming home from vacation and looking at them anew, they were awful. I will re-knit them. Hints From Bobby Wool'N Things in Boulder Junction confirmed I'd knitted the glove fingers incorrectly.

Here's the Challenge: No guilt. No Explanations needed. Just the Facts ma'am Just the Facts. Fellow Bloggers, will you consider telling how much you paid for the yarn when Posting its to- die- for- picture? I'm not about cheap yarns, I am a yarn snob. I need however, not to fall in love with your WIPs and FO's until I have a ballpark figure. Does this sound cheap? I'm trying to make it sound factual. I'm as guilty as the next in the yarn budget category.

I'll start. The Double Rolled Brim Hat knit with Mountain Colors, 1 skein, and pattern totalled 26.00. (Pattern and Yarn). The bad news is, its too small for the person I was making it for, so I will give it to someone else in mind for Christmas. I made it in a medium size. Now I know the second hat will run me about 40.00 b/c I need two skeins of Mountain Colors if I want the same fabulous look. (That's the real bad news.....I don't think I'll make a forty dollar hat..)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, love your work. I have a quick question about your "lotus leaf shawl" back in 11/04. It is a beautiful lace pattern. Can I buy it somewhere, or is it your own design? Thanks. Beth

Popular posts from this blog

Every Once in a While I Might Post

I'm Making Bunny Rabbits

Do You Smile When You Knit???