Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Upcoming Projects

In my last post I said that I'm good at starting projects and not finishing them (for a long time), and this post should prove that. I ordered a Rowan book called Vintage Style http://www.theknittinggarden.com/ro-magvintagestyle.htm and it came in the mail today and made me want to start many new projects. There is a gorgeous beaded cardigan (it's the purple one on the bottom of the site but the picture isn't great) that I definitely want to start in the bead knitting class I'm taking at Three Bags Full at the end of February. It's probably a little challenging for my first project, but I don't care, it's so pretty. In addition to the new patterns in this book, I also want to make a Debbie Bliss sweater and an afghan. Both pretty extensive projects, so I may have to put those off for a while. But isn't this "Weekend" sweater gorgeous? http://www.theknittinggarden.com/db-bookcashcoll.htm, and it's made of cashmerino, so it would be so comfy. As for the afghan, I don't even have a pattern, but I know that I want to make one that is all one color, with two alternating squares. However, it has to be interesting (read: difficult) because I will be working on it for a long time! Any ideas?

No comments:

Blog Archive