Monday, January 24, 2005

Still plodding along on my Lucky sweater. The back is almost done, I just have to finish the shoulder shaping. Then I just have the sleeves, the two front pieces, and the belt to go, plus the finishing, but that's nothing, I'll be done in a snap!

But seriously, I need to get something done before the apocalypse. So I've started my first pair of socks. I picked out Fixation because it's cotton and stretchy. It should be a good yarn for my first pair of socks. It's going to be in white and turquoise. I'm using the Ann Norling basic sock pattern, but I may modify it to include a cable.

And for some non-knitting news: the Oscar nominations come out tomorrow morning! The Oscar's are my ultimate guilty pleasure. I always get so into the competition for the best film (and the best dress-of course!). I hope that Zach Braff gets nominated for best original screenplay for Garden State. Other than that, I'll just be happy to watch the show!

1 comment:

Irisheyes Lynn said...

Good luck on your socks! I can't believe your mom the sock-queen hasn't pulled you into sock knitting before this.

Blog Archive